About Community Music Academy
Registration is Now Open for Fall 2017 Lindenbaum Outreach Program Strings Classes and Beginning Choir!
Mission of the TLU Community Music Academy
The TLU Community Music Academy is a non-profit community music school providing music education to students of all ages and levels of ability. The mission of the CMA is to enrich the community and transform lives by pursuing excellence in string and choral music education in a stimulating, nurturing and fun environment.
Through the Lindenbaum Outreach Program, the Community Music Academy offers:
- A free two-year curriculum of weekly after-school group Strings Classes at select elementary schools in Seguin, Navarro, and New Braunfels ISDs.
- Beginning and Intermediate Youth Orchestras providing continuing strings training and ensemble experience for students through high school.
- A Beginning Choir on the TLU campus, open to 1-3 graders from Seguin, Navarro, and New Braunfels ISDs.
- Intermediate and Advanced Youth Choirs providing continuing vocal training and choral experience for students through high school.
- Graduates of the Strings Classes and Beginning Choir are provided scholarships from the Lindenbaum Family Endowment to cover tuition for continued study in the Youth Orchestras and Youth Choirs.
The Community Music Academy also offers the CMA Performers, a group of advanced string chamber music ensembles receiving coaching from CMA instructors; private lessons in violin, viola, cello, bass, and guitar; and finally, the CMA’s Summer Camps provide an exciting encounter with music for newcomers and experienced musicians alike.
The CMA’s skilled and experienced instructors work with students’ families to create a supportive learning environment in which students are encouraged and challenged to continually develop in the areas of technical skill, musicianship, and music knowledge and appreciation. Through this process, students also grow in executive functioning skills, character, discipline, and respect for others.
The CMA serves the School of Music at Texas Lutheran University by bringing young musicians into the university environment, offering side-by-side performance opportunities for CMA students with university musicians, and creating teaching lab experiences for university music students.
Community Music Academy 2016-2017 Schedule
May 26, 2017
Registration Deadline for Summer Private Lessons
June 5, 2017
Summer Private Lessons begin
June 17, 2017
Registration Deadline for Fall 2017 Lindenbaum Outreach Program Strings Classes and Beginning Choir
July 7-21, 2017
Late Registration for Summer Camps - discounts and scholarships unavailable
July 24-28, 2017
Strings Camp at TLU Schuech Fine Arts Building
The TLU Community Music Academy now has an online giving option. If you believe in the mission of the CMA and have seen its positive impact on individual students, families, and the community at large, please consider donating. You are welcome to contact the CMA Director if you have any questions.
TLU Community Music Academy is supported in part by:
Also, Thanks to City Strings and Piano, providing Violin & Piano Lessons in Dallas-Fort Worth.
- Community Education
- Summer Programs
- Alternative Teacher Certification Program
- Community Music Academy
July 6, 2017 8:00 am - July 8, 2017 5:00 pm
July 21, 2017 6:00 pm - July 22, 2017 4:00 pm
July 24, 2017 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
July 25, 2017 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
July 26, 2017 9:00 am - 12:00 pm