About Community Music Academy
The Texas Lutheran University/Mid-Texas Symphony Community Music Academy is a non-profit community music school providing music education to students of all ages and levels of ability.
The mission of the CMA is to enrich the community and transform lives by pursuing excellence in string and choral music education in a stimulating, nurturing and fun environment.
- The CMA offers private strings instruction and the opportunity for performance experience in vocal and string ensembles.
- The CMA's experienced and gifted instructors promote individual advancement in the area of music skills, knowledge and appreciation.
- The CMA strives to provide a supportive environment where students are encouraged to achieve their full music potential while building character, discipline and respect for others.
- The CMA serves the School of Music at Texas Lutheran University by bringing in talented young musicians into the university environment, offering performance opportunities for CMA students with university musicians, and creating teaching lab experiences for university music students.
TLU/MTS CMA 2014-2015 Schedule
Week of January 12, 2015
First outreach classes, private lessons and ensembles of the semester on Monday and Tuesday.
Monday, January 19
No Monday classes- Martin Luther King Holiday
Saturday, January 24
TLU Youth Choir Festival with Bob Chilcott
Monday, February 16
No Monday Classes- Presidents' Day Holiday
Week of March 9
Spring Break no classes or lessons
Wednesday, April 1
Summer Camps and Lessons registration begins
Week of April 20 (Last week of the semester)
April 20 - Solo Recital - 7 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church
April 23 - Advanced Ensemble Recital - 7 p.m. at the TLU Chapel
April 28 - CMA Outreach Recital - 7 p.m. at Jackson Auditorium
Week of May 18
First week of summer Lessons
Week of August 17
Last week of summer lessons
- Summer Programs
- Community Education
- Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Certification
- Community Music Academy