About The Program
The CMA Youth Orchestra program is open to all students and community members playing violin, viola, cello, or bass. All students participating in the Youth Orchestra program are expected to perform twice each year with their ensemble.
- Tuition is $50 per semester, per student plus a $10 music fee for a total of $60.
- Full scholarships are provided from the Lindenbaum Fund to students with financial need. Families qualify for the need-based scholarship if they are eligible for any Federal or State assistance programs such as the Free and Reduced-price School Lunch Program, SNAP/WIC, CHIP/Medicaid, etc. Qualifying families may select the scholarship during registration. View the income guidelines for the School Lunch Program.
Liz Massad, Director
Mondays, 4:15-5:15 p.m. for students who have completed Level 2 of the Outreach Program, or one year of Beginning Orchestra.
Location: Meet at TLU Schuech Fine Arts - Band Hall.
Liz Massad, Director
Meetings: Mondays, 5:30-6:30 p.m. for current chamber orchestra students or by audition.
Location: TLU Schuech Fine Arts - Band Hall.
Qualifications: Can read all notes in first position fluidly, can read whole, dotted half, half, quarter, eighth, and rests, able to slur, hook, and play staccato/legato, has ability to follow leader and blend with group, knowledge of dynamics, can play C, G, A and D major. A positive attitude and the commitment to attend all rehearsals and performances.
Eric Siu, Director
The CMA Performers is a small string ensemble composed of advanced students.
Members of the CMA Performers are required to register for either private lessons or for small-group lessons. Private lessons need not be with CMA instructors, but we will confirm your enrollment with an outside teacher. Members of the CMA Performers are expected to perform in the community as opportunities arise, in addition to the CMA’s regular recitals.
Meetings: Mondays, 6:15 -7:15 p.m.
Location: TLU's Weston Performing Arts Center - Orchestra Rehearsal Hall.
Qualifications: Can read and play in first and third position, can read all rhythms generally including dotted quarters and sixteenths, emerging vibrato, can play keys up to 3 sharps and 3 flats. A positive attitude and the commitment to attend all rehearsals and performances.
Small-Group Lessons are intended for members of the CMA Youth Orchestras, directly addressing elements of instrumental technique needed to continue improvement in musicality and advancement in the Youth Orchestra program. Small-Group Lessons offer a lower-cost but second-best alternative to private lessons.
- Enrollment is limited to 4-6 students; registration is first-come, first served. Classes with fewer than 4 registrants may be canceled.
- Tuition for Small Group Lessons is $150 per student, per 12-week semester.
- No performance required - the focus is squarely on improving technical skill and musicality.
Auditions (Chamber Orchestra & CMA Performers)
- No audition necessary for Lindenbaum Outreach Program strings class graduates to join the Beginning Orchestra A - just register!
- Find audition requirements and expectations for entry to each level here
- Or consult your current instructor.
Auditions for the Chamber Orchestra and CMA Performers will be held at the beginning of each semester- see Orchestra calendar for audition dates. Please contact email@example.com to schedule an audition.