Dates: July 24-July 28, 2017, Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Location: Ayers Recital Hall, Schuech Fine Arts Center, Texas Lutheran University
Tuition: $100 for first family member, $75 for additional siblings. Lindenbaum Outreach Strings Class students and graduates pay only $50 - no sibling discount.
Instrument rental: $20 for the 5 days of camp. Must be pre-ordered. Pick up and return will take place at the beginning and end of camp. Renter is liable for any damage. If the student already has a CMA instrument for Private Lessons, no rental fee is required.
Registration Deadline: July 7 to be eligible for sibling discounts and Lindenbaum scholarships. Registration will still be available until July 14 at full price.
Director: TLU Director of Strings Dr. Eliza Jeffords, TLU & CMA Faculty, and TLU student assistants
String Camp Details:
A fun-filled musical week with something for everyone- students entering grades 1 - 6 who are experienced violin, viola, or cello students or beginners with no previous experience. Daily offerings will include private instruction, playing as a group, rock and improvisation training, basic music history and vocabulary lessons, rhythmic and note reading instruction, performances for students by faculty, crafts, games, and a final student performance for the parents!
Camp attire: Wear comfortable, casual clothing. Concert attire for Friday performance (All black or black bottoms with white tops).
Concert: Friday, July 28 at 11 a.m. at Ayers Recital Hall - bring friends and family!
Summer Private Lesson Offerings
Private violin, viola, cello, and classical guitar lessons will be offered during the summer.
Scheduling: Lessons can start the week of June 5 and continue through the week of August 18. A chart of each instructor's summer availability is here - make sure you do not register for more lessons than your instructor can teach. If you are currently in or have taken private lessons in the past, please continue lessons with the same teacher. After registration, you may contact your instructor directly to schedule specific dates and times for your lessons. If you are a new student, have no preference or would like advice, contact CMA Director Ben Thomason at email@example.com or (830) 372-6448.
Location: Monday lessons will take place at the First Presbyterian Church of Seguin, 305 N. King Street. Check with your instructors for lesson locations on other days of the week.
- Students must take a minimum of 4 lessons and may take up to a maximum of 11 lessons for the summer, depending on teacher availability.
- By registering for private lessons you indicate your understanding of and agreement to the CMA Private Lessons Policies; please review them here.
- Registration Deadline is May 26.
- Students who have registered for private lessons before May 2 do not need to return their instruments at the Lindenbaum Outreach Program and Youth Orchestra Recital and may keep them for use in private lessons and strings camp for no additional fee.
- Students who register for private lessons between May 3 and the May 26 deadline will check out an instrument at their first lesson for no additional fee.
- All instruments must be returned at the student’s last lesson of the summer for maintenance before the Fall 2017 semester begins.
- 30-minute lessons: $25 per lesson
- 45-minute lessons: $33.33 per lesson
- 60-minute lessons: $41.66 per lesson
Registration is now Closed. NO AT-THE-DOOR, DAY-OF REGISTRATIONS
Strings Camp discounts are available through July 7. The Deadline to Register for Strings Camp is July 14.
Register for Summer Private Lessons is closed.
- Community Education
- Summer Programs
- Alternative Teacher Certification Program
- Community Music Academy