Lindenbaum Outreach Program
Lindenbaum Strings and Choir Outreach Program
The Lindenbaum Outreach Program offers underserved youth in Seguin, Navarro and New Braunfels school districts high quality after-school programs in string and choral music. Our mission is to encourage and empower these students to develop and improve their cognitive, social, and emotional skills at the same time as learning music, and to create a a fun learning environment which strengthens their families and communities.
The Lindenbaum Suzuki Outreach Program is funded by the Lindenbaum Music Education Fund, which was created by a generous donation to TLU by the Lindenbaum family. The Community Music Academy also receives support from Texas Lutheran University, Mid-Texas Symphony, Guadalupe County United Way, Texas Commission for the Arts, Classics for Kids Foundation, Seguin Rotary Club, Seguin ISD, New Braunfels ISD, and Navarro ISD.
Fall 2017 Classes Offered
Violin at Seele Elementary for grades 2-3:, 4:15-5:15.
Violin at Patlan Elementary for grades 2-3: 3:45-4:45.
Violin at Rodriguez Elementary for grades 2-3: 4:45-5:45
Violin at Navarro Elementary for grades 2-3: 4:45-5:45
Cello at Koennecke Elementary for grades 3-4: 5:00-6:00
Beginning Choir for grades 1-3 at TLU: 4:30-5:30
CMA Outreach Class Schedule 2017-2018
2017-2018 Youth Choir Calendar (Coming soon! Thanks for your patience)
Criteria for acceptance into the program
The following criteria must be committed to before being accepted into the program:
- Parents or guardians of the student must commit to bringing the student to class every week. Missing 3 or more classes or a required concert may result in dismissal from the program.
- A parent or guardian must attend class with the student.
- Parents or guardians of the student should practice together and be prepared for lessons each week.
- Students must attend the end-of-semester recitals as part of the curriculum.
- Parents and students in the Strings classes are asked to make a commitment to participate for the entire 2-year curriculum.
- Parents or guardians of Strings Class students borrowing CMA instruments will be responsible for paying an annual $20 instrument maintenance fee.
- Parents or guardians of Beginning Choir students will be responsible for paying a $10 choir uniform fee each semester.
Lindenbaum Scholarship for the TLU Community Music Academy Youth Orchestras and Youth Choirs
The Lindenbaum Family Endowment Fund supports the Lindenbaum Choral Scholarship for singers who have been dedicated members of the Lindenbaum Outreach Beginning Choir. Singers who wish to continue singing in the TLU Community Music Academy’s Intermediate and Advanced Youth Choirs will receive a scholarship award toward the tuition fee.
Similarly, the Lindenbaum Orchestral Scholarship supports students who have graduated from the Lindenbaum Outreach Program’s Level 2 Strings Classes. Students wishing to continue playing in the TLU Community Music Academy’s Beginning, Intermediate, and Advanced Orchestras will receive a scholarship award toward the tuition fee.
As recipients of the Choral or Orchestral Scholarships, students and their families are asked to sign a commitment contract agreeing to participate fully for the year term (fall and spring semesters) of the scholarship award. They will agree to maintain excellent attendance at rehearsals and performances, take proper care of choir uniforms and any music distributed, and conduct him/herself in a manner appropriate to achieving the aims of the choir and the director.
Registration is Now Closed
Limited spaces may still be available; contact CMA Director with inquiries.
- Community Education
- Summer Programs
- Alternative Teacher Certification Program
- Community Music Academy
July 21, 2017 6:00 pm - July 22, 2017 4:00 pm
July 24, 2017 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
July 25, 2017 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
July 26, 2017 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
July 27, 2017 9:00 am - 12:00 pm