Lindenbaum Outreach Program
Lindenbaum Suzuki Strings and Training Choir Outreach Program
The TLU/MTS CMA Lindenbaum Outreach offers underserved youth in Seguin, Navarro and New Braunfels school districts with a high quality after school programs in string and choral music instruction along with free string instruments within a nurturing environment. Our mission is to empower these students to successfully develop their musical potential, be persistent in the pursuit of their education and to strengthen their communities.
The Lindenbaum Suzuki Outreach Program is being funded by the Lindenbaum Music Education Fund, which was created by a generous donation to TLU by the Lindenbaum family, also by Texas Lutheran University, Mid-Texas Symphony, Dian Owen Stai Foundation, National Endowment for the Arts, Walmart Local Grants, Barbara Ringen, Classics for Kids Foundation, Coates Foundation, Seguin Education Foundation, Union Pacific Railroad Foundation, Seguin ISD, New Braunfels ISD and Navarro ISD.
Criteria for acceptance into the program
The following criteria must be met and committed to by parents of the potential students before being accepted into the program:
- Parents or guardians of the student will be responsible for paying for each child's violin lending deposit of $15.00.
- A parent or guardian must accompany the student to his or her lesson in keeping with the Suzuki philosophy.
- Parents and students must commit to attending class each week unless there is a family emergency or illness.
- Parents and students are asked to make the commitment to participate in the class for the entire year.
TLU/MTS CMA Lindenbaum Choral Scholarship for the Community Youth Choir
The Lindenbaum Family Endowment Fund supports the Lindenbaum Choral Scholarship for singers who have been dedicated members of the Lindenbaum Outreach Training Choir. Singers who wish to continue singing in the Community Youth Choir will receive a scholarship award towards the tuition fee.
As recipients of the choral scholarship, students and their families are asked to sign a commitment contract with the CMA agreeing to participate fully in the choir for the year term (fall and spring semesters) of the scholarship award. They will agree to maintain excellent attendance at rehearsals and performances, take proper care of choir uniforms, and conduct him/herself in a manner appropriate to achieving the aims of the choir and the director.
- Violin classes at Navarro Elementary for grades 2-3
- Violin classes at Patlan Elementary for grades 2-3
- Violin classes at Rodriguez Elementary for grades 2-3
- Violin classes at Seele Elementary for grades 2-3
- Cello classes at Koennecke Elementary for grade 4
- Training Choir at TLU for grades 1-3
Registration for 2014-2015
Registration is now closed. Check back in the spring and summer for 2015-2016 registration information.
- Summer Programs
- Community Education
- Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Certification
- Community Music Academy
November 01, 2014 all day
December 02, 2014 all day
December 04, 2014 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
December 05, 2014 10:30 AM - 6:00 PM
December 05, 2014 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM