Texas Lutheran University is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, females, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. It is our policy not to discriminate unlawfully against any applicant or employee because of age, sex, race, color, religion*, national origin, veteran status, disability, or sexual orientation. Texas Lutheran University will provide reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities when such accommodations do not impose an undue hardship on the institution.
*Section 702, Title VII, provides that a church-related institution may give preference in employment on the basis of religion where religion is a bona fide occupational qualification reasonably necessary to the normal operation of that institution. As a university of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, Texas Lutheran University will employ persons affirming faith in the mission of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America sufficient in number to maintain an active and dynamic relationship with the Church.
|Application Procedure | Student Employment|
- Review Job Postings on Web site for appropriate vacancies and requirements.
- Qualified candidates for available faculty positions should submit their application materials to the contact person listed in the Job Posting.
- Qualified candidates for available administrative staff positions should submit a cover letter outlining their qualifications; a resume; as well as the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of 3 professional references with a completed TLU application to the Human Resources Office.
- Information and attachments submitted by e-mail should be in PDF or MS Word (DOC) format.
- Qualified candidates for available hourly positions should submit a completed Texas Lutheran University application form to the Office of Human Resources. Application forms are available on-line or on a forms rack just outside the HR office.
- Applications for administrative and hourly staff positions are accepted only for specific vacancies.
|Visiting Lecturer in Education|
Texas Lutheran University, Seguin, Texas, invites applications for a full-time lecturer position in the Department of Education, to begin August, 2013. We seek candidates who meet the following requirements:
• Doctorate or Master’s degree in Education
• Competency and ability to teach the following teacher preparation courses: learning processes and evaluation, introduction to teaching middle and high school, ESL strategies, survey of special populations
• Commitment to excellence in the teaching and advisement of undergraduate students and the development of future teachers
• Ability to work collegially with other faculty members in the department and across campus
• Affirmation of the mission of Texas Lutheran University, a nationally-recognized institution of the liberal arts and sciences in the Lutheran tradition (ELCA)
Preference will be given to candidates who, in addition to meeting the above requirements, also offer the following:
• Ability to contribute in at least one of the following areas within the education department: accreditation and assessment, post-baccalaureate program
• Certification and experience teaching ESL
• Certification and experience teaching special education
Salary and benefits are competitive, and are commensurate with experience and demonstrated ability. The department of education is accredited by the Texas Education Agency (TEA) and nationally accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC). The university offers a Bachelor of Science leading to elementary, middle/junior high, high school, and all-level certification. It also offers a Bachelor of Music leading to all-level music certification. A Post-Baccalaureate program is also administered by the department. Texas Lutheran University, 35 miles from downtown San Antonio, is affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. The ELCA’s 26 colleges and universities value and practice academic and religious freedom while preparing women and men for lives of leadership and service in a diverse world. Texas Lutheran University is an Hispanic Serving Institution. For more information, consult our web site at http://www.tlu.edu
Please submit a letter of application addressing the above criteria, curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy, three professional references (names, addresses, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers), and arrange for three confidential letters of recommendation to be submitted separately. While electronic submissions are preferred, paper documents will be accepted.
Dr. Jim Newberry, Department of Education
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court St., Seguin, TX 78155
Review of applications will begin immediately and will close May 24, 2013. Texas Lutheran University has been recognized as a “Great College to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education and also is on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Role. The University is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and also is subject to the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). As part of a serious commitment to diversity in its faculty, Texas Lutheran University encourages applications from women and minorities.
|Part-Time Faculty (Adjunct) - Accounting |
Texas Lutheran University, Seguin, Texas, seeks a part-time faculty member to teach in the Department of Business Administration starting in spring 2013. Duties include teaching one or two accounting classes, holding office hours and participating in meetings and training.
Requirements: CPA with Master's degree including 18 graduate hours in accounting.
Application review will begin October 25 and continue until position is filled.
Email vitae and references to Prof. Melanie Thompson, firstname.lastname@example.org
, Chair of Business Administration and Economics.
Texas Lutheran University has been recognized as a “Great College to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education and also is on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll. The University is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and also is subject to the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). As part of a serious commitment to diversity in its faculty, Texas Lutheran University encourages applications from women and minorities.
|Director of Nursing|Texas Lutheran University invites applications for a full-time, 12-month position as Director of Nursing. The successful candidate will be responsible for finalizing the proposed BSN program application to the Texas Board of Nursing and successfully moving the program through the approval process. Upon approval, the Director will be responsible for administrative oversight and visionary leadership of an excellent program. The Director will report to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and begin duties in summer 2013; the first entering class is anticipated for Fall 2014. Texas Lutheran University is a Hispanic Serving Institution. Position requirements and application procedures are available at http://www.tlu.edu/employment/nursing.
Posting closes 04/15/2013
Texas Lutheran University has an immediate opening for a reliable individual to work full-time in our Custodial Services department.
Position requirements include:
H.S. diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 4 months of custodial experience or two years custodial experience
Ability to lift up to 40 pounds and stand or walk for 90% of the shift
Ability to read and comprehend written and spoken English
Must be available for evening, weekend, and overtime work
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: cleaning designated areas with an assigned team; scrubbing, buffing, stripping, neutralizing and waxing floors, vacuuming and shampooing carpets, cleaning rooms and bathrooms, and safely mixing cleaning agents/chemicals.
Applications may be picked up in the Office of Human Resources of Texas Lutheran University, 1000 W. Court Street, Seguin, TX 78155.
The University is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and encourages applications from women and minorities.
|Food Services Positions (Sodexo)|
|The Human Resources Office, located in Suite 105 of the O.G. Beck Center, manages recruiting, benefits, compensation, classification, training, new employee orientation and employment practices.|
|TLU Listed on San Antonio Express-News' Top Workplaces 2012|
|TLU Named a "2012 Great College to Work For"|
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court St
Seguin, TX 78155Employment Verifications
Must be in writing and include a signed release from the employee.
Andy Vasquez, SPHR, CCP
Assoc. VP of Human Resources & Risk Mgmt.
Kim Mattheson, J.D.,M.B.A., SPHR
Human Resources Administrator