Businesses are generating an enormous amount of data, and there is a growing need for professionals who can analyze and make sense of this data to drive decision-making. Students who earn a Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) will gain in-demand skills like data analysis, predictive modeling, and data visualization that will help them stand out in the job market.
Benefits of a MSBA Degree:
Better career prospects. You’ll be better equipped to pursue a wide range of careers in industries like finance, healthcare, marketing, and technology. You’ll also have a competitive edge when applying for jobs, and you’ll be able to command higher salaries.
Personal development: Pursuing a master’s degree is a challenging and rewarding experience that can help you develop critical thinking, problem-solving, and leadership skills. You’ll have the opportunity to network with other professionals in your field, which can help you build relationships and open doors to new opportunities.
Sense of community and flexibility: Although our master’s degree is designed for the working professional and is 100% online, you will be part of a small, supportive cohort where you will feel safe asking questions, sharing experiences, and developing long-lasting professional relationships.
Why Business Analytics?
Business analytics can be used in a wide range of business functions, including marketing, finance, operations, and human resources. Applications of business analytics include:
- Predictive modeling to forecast future trends and outcomes.
- Customer segmentation to identify key customer groups and target them with tailored marketing messages.
- Cost analysis to identify areas for cost savings and efficiency improvements.
- Performance tracking to monitor key business metrics and identify areas for improvement.
- Risk analysis to identify and manage potential risks to the business.
- 100% online
- 30-credit hour program / 10 courses total
- 7 core courses (8-week courses)
- 3 elective courses (8-week courses)
- Fall and Spring starts
For information about tuition, scholarships, and financial aid, contact Student Financial Services
Admissions Requirements & How to Apply
- Applicants must already hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Complete and submit the TLU Application for Admission at apply.tlu.edu (select Graduate Applications).
- Submit all official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Submit letter providing additional information to be considered by the admissions committee (optional).
- Applicants must have successfully completed the following undergraduate coursework, or their equivalents, to be considered for admission:
- ISYS 231: Introduction to Information Systems
- STAT 374: Statistics
If you are a current TLU student, you will need to use the application for concurrent students here.
March 1 - Early Deadline
May 1 - Priority Deadline
July 1 - Late Deadline
Oct. 1 - Early Deadline
Nov. 1 - Priority Deadline
Dec. 1 - Late Deadline
Online Core Courses
- BUSA 531 – Fundamentals of Business Analytics
- BUSM 532 – Statistics and Programming for Business Analytics
- BUSA 533 (DABE 531) – Visualization and Communication
- BUSA 534 – Predictive Analytics
- BUSA 535 – Prescriptive Analytics and Optimization
- BUSA 536 – Data Technology for Business Analytics
- BUSA 599 – Capstone Consulting Practicum / Internship
Three electives selected from the following online courses:
- BUSA 571 – Human Resource Analytics
- BUSA 572 – Operations Research
- BUSA 573 – Econometric Analysis
- BUSA 574 – Marketing Analytics
- BUSA 575 – Financial Analytics
- BUSA 576 – Advance SQL and Data Warehousing
Complete Your Prerequisites Online with Ivy
TLU has partnered with Ivy Software to provide self-paced, online, prerequisite courses at a reasonable cost ($125 per course) for our Business Analytics (MSBA) candidates. Students who are directed to complete prerequisites by the Director for Graduate Admissions can create an account through the Ivy-TLU MSBA link below to register for the courses they need. As students complete the courses, our MSBA faculty and admissions team will be notified. The Completion time for each module averages 15-20 hours or 1-2 weeks per course.
Ivy’s courses are non-credit and have been approved by the ACBSP and the IACBE as meeting all the requirements for a Common Professional Component (CPC).
The National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA)
NC-SARA is a nonprofit organization that helps expand students’ access to educational opportunities and ensure more efficient, consistent, and effective regulation of distance education programs.
Every student deserves a positive educational experience. Sometimes a student’s experience may not be what they anticipate, and the student may have a concern or a complaint. For this reason, NC-SARA has a process for student complaints. To learn more about this process or to file a complaint, please visit the NC-SARA website: