Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF)
TLU received a HEERF II allocation for emergency grants for our students. Funds were dispersed to students by March 31.
HEERF II Quarterly Report and Grant Process
TLU received a HEERF II allocation for emergency grants in the amount of $704,097. Currently enrolled students who are degree-seeking U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens were encouraged to apply. We currently have 1,357 students attending TLU in the spring 2021 semester that were eligible to apply for emergency grant funds. The deadline to apply was March 1, 2021, and funds were dispersed by March 31, 2021.
Emergency Grant Fund Rules & Guidelines
Congress has made available $704,097 in supplemental federal grant funds to be used to help students enrolled at TLU. These grants may be used to help the student with any component of his/her cost of attendance or for emergency costs that arise due to the coronavirus.
1. Who is eligible to apply for a grant? Students who are:
- Degree seeking
- A U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Enrolled at TLU during the spring 2021 semester
2. When determining the amount of grant funds to request, a student should consider the following:
- Are you struggling to pay rent, buy food, pay utilities?
- Do you need help paying your tuition, fees, room, and/or board charged to your student account for spring?
- Were these expenses incurred after December 27, 2020?
3. What do you need to do to request funds? Complete the HEERF II Emergency Grant Request form. Be sure to include copies of receipts, leases, bills, or other documentation that supports the expenses for which you are requesting grant funds as incomplete requests will not be processed.
4. Is there a deadline to submit a request? Yes. Requests must be submitted by March 1, 2021.
5. When will requests be reviewed? TLU’s Emergency Grant Committee will review all applications at the same time. Priority will be given to students demonstrating exceptional need and will be awarded as follows:
- Students that apply who received Pell Grants in 20-21 based on application
- Students that apply who did not receive Pell Grants in 20-21 based on application
- Remaining funds will be awarded in block grants to students who did not apply. Applicants whose initial grant is less than the block amount would be increased so that no student receives less than the block amount.
6. How will TLU disburse the grant funds? TLU’s Emergency Grant Committee will make every effort to review all requests by March 24th and disburse grants to students by March 31st. Students who have an outstanding student account balance may opt to have their grant funds disbursed to their student account to pay toward the balance. Students who do not opt to have their funds disbursed to their student account will have the funds disbursed to them by either direct deposit or check. We encourage all students to sign up for direct deposit to ensure a faster and more secure disbursement.