Admissions Rep/Assistant Director for Admissions
Admissions Representative/Assistant Director for Admissions.
Texas Lutheran University invites applications for two openings for the position of Admissions Representative/Assistant Director for Admissions.
The Admissions Rep/Assistant Director for Admissions reports to the Director for Admissions and performs all on-campus recruiting and admissions functions as well as off-campus recruiting at high schools, college fairs, and special events. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, reviewing, evaluating, and determining the learning potential and academic achievement of prospective students and whether they are (1) college ready (2) a good fit for TLU and (3) likely to persist and graduate. The Admissions Rep/Assistant Director for Admissions works as a member of a high-energy, collaborative team to support on-campus visits through admissions information sessions and presentations as well as meeting with families one-on-one and participating in all on-campus visit events.
- Review and evaluate students’ admissions applications and accompanying materials such as their high school transcript, college essay, and test scores. Recalculate all students’ GPAs so applicants are evaluated on the same scale.
- Make admission or denial recommendations based on a student’s academic credentials and other relevant factors. Such recommendations will be made with the goal of maintaining and enhancing the university’s academic standards, promoting access to higher education for underrepresented populations, and predicting the future success of the student.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the financial aid process – merit scholarships, grants, loans, appeals/special circumstances and the FAFSA – and be able to review and explain financial aid offers to students and their families.
- Serve as the primary university contact for assigned territory, counseling prospective students and parents regarding the admissions and financial aid process, academic programs, program requirements, housing/meal plans, campus life, and student support services (mental health counseling, wellness, and ADA accommodations).
- Represent the university at high schools, college night programs, conferences, and other events as required.
- Plan and execute recruitment events in assigned territory so prospective students and their families have access to TLU admissions representatives and are able to learn about our scholarships, financial aid, academic programs, and campus life in a small group or one-on-one setting.
- Serve as a guest speaker on higher education topics (e.g., the college search process, how to complete the FAFSA, how to apply for scholarships, etc.) for a variety of constituents, including but not limited to high school counselors, students, parents, and professional organizations.
- Ensure effective and timely communication with prospective students, parents, and other constituents.
- Work with Visit Coordinator and Associate Director for Visit Programs to meet with individual visitors or present to on-campus visit groups.
- Investigate complaints or disputes on behalf of prospective students and work with appropriate staff to resolve such issues. Significant matters may include, but are not limited to the following: financial aid, scholarships, admissions documents, advising, health requirements, housing/residence life, etc.
- Participate in the development of admissions marketing materials for college fairs, visits, and events.
- Coordinate special projects as assigned.
- Understand and support the mission of Texas Lutheran University
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Experience in higher education or college admissions preferred but not required. Title will depend on experience.
- Knowledge of Slate/CRM a plus.
- Outstanding customer service skills and student-first philosophy.
- Ability to work with students and family members.
- Excellent time management skills; must be a self-starter.
- Ability to work as a team but also understand priorities, work independently, and complete tasks.
Benefits are competitive. Texas Lutheran University, an accredited university affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, is located 35 miles from downtown San Antonio. Please submit an application, a resume, and the contact information for at least three professional references to:
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court Street
Seguin, Texas 78155
Fax: (830) 372-6409
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made. Texas Lutheran University is a Hispanic Serving Institution and has been recognized consistently as a “Great College to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education and has been featured in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Colleges” rankings in various categories. The University is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and is subject to the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). Texas Lutheran University is committed to enhancing diversity and inclusion across all levels of the University. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this goal are strongly encouraged to apply.