Texas Lutheran University invites applications for a full-time Administrative Assistant. This full-time position provides administrative and clerical support to the Campus Pastor for the Campus Ministries, Center for Servant Leadership, and Church Relations Departments.
Position requirements include:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Training beyond high school or equivalent program with emphasis on secretarial skills preferred
- Three years’ experience in an office setting is required. Familiarity with higher education environment helpful
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, both in person and on the telephone
- Ability to analyze facts and circumstances to determine appropriate action to be taken within the limits of standard policies and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in English grammar, punctuation, spelling, proofreading
- Proficiency in personal computer systems to include word-processing, data base management, and desktop publishing
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent organizational and planning skills; must be able to plan and arrange own work and follow through on tasks/projects
- Understanding of and appreciation for a church-related university
Benefits are competitive. Texas Lutheran University, an accredited university affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, is located 35 miles from downtown San Antonio. For more information about TLU, consult our web site at www.tlu.edu. Please submit an application, a resume, and the contact information for at least three professional references to:
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court Street
Seguin, Texas 78155
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made. Texas Lutheran University has been recognized as a “Great College to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education and also is on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll. The University is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and also is subject to the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). Texas Lutheran University is committed to diversity.
Texas Lutheran University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Dr. Bernadette Buchanan, Title IX Coordinator, 830-372-8060. TLU's Title IX policies are outlined at www.tlu.edu/titleix.
For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.