Texas Lutheran University is seeking applicants for an Administrative Assistant for Athletics.This full-time position provides general administrative and clerical support for the Director of Athletics and the Athletics Department staff.
Position requirements include:
- A high school diploma or equivalent plus additional training.
- Skills in one or more specific areas such as computer operations, secretarial, bookkeeping, etc.Experience in bookkeeping, graphic design and desktop publishing is preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience in an office setting.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.Ability to maintain an accurate filing system and records
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, both in person and on the telephone.
- Proficiency in English grammar, punctuation, spelling, and proofreading.Proficiency in personal computer systems to include word-processing and data base management.
- Ability to work independently on routine work following pre-established standard practices.Some independent judgment is required.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively with all departments and employees of the university as well as external constituents
- Understanding of and appreciation for a church-related university
Benefits are competitive.Texas Lutheran University, an accredited university affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, is located 35 miles from downtown San Antonio.For more information about TLU, consult our web site at www.tlu.edu. Please submit an application, a resume, and the contact information for at least three professional references to:
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court Street
Seguin, Texas 78155
Fax: (830) 372-6409
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made. Texas Lutheran University has been recognized as a “Great College to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education and also is on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll.The University is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and also is subject to the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA).Texas Lutheran University is committed to diversity.
Texas Lutheran University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Dr. Bernadette Buchanan, Title IX Coordinator, 830-372-8060. TLU's Title IX policies are outlined at www.tlu.edu/titleix.
For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.