Blumberg Memorial Library at Texas Lutheran University invites applications for a half-time (20 hours per week, working evening and weekend hours on a rotating schedule) access services manager for the spring 2017 semester. The position is temporary or a paid internship, beginning immediately and running through May 31, 2017.
Position requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, or commensurate experience
- User oriented; proven ability to work in a friendly and efficient manner with library users (mostly students and faculty)
- Strong organizational skills
- High level of proficiency and ease in using personal computers and application software
- Familiarity with technology and educational uses of internet and other online resources
- Successful experience managing library collections and collection development activities
- Knowledge of basic reference materials including Internet resources
- Ability to work independently
- Experience in libraries preferred
- Operational experience with circulation aspects of integrated library systems preferred
- Experience with social media and other emerging technologies preferred
- Experience supervising employees (especially students) preferred
- Understanding of and appreciation for a church-related university
Benefits are competitive. Texas Lutheran University, an accredited university affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, is located 35 miles from downtown San Antonio. For more information about TLU, consult our web site at www.tlu.edu. Please submit an application, a resume, and the contact information for at least three professional references to:
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court Street
Seguin, Texas 78155
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made. Texas Lutheran University has been recognized as a “Great College to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education and also is on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll. The University is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and also is subject to the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). Texas Lutheran University is committed to diversity.
Texas Lutheran University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Dr. Bernadette Buchanan, Title IX Coordinator, 830-372-8060. TLU's Title IX policies are outlined at www.tlu.edu/titleix.
For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.