Texas Lutheran University invites applications for a full-time Academic Assistant. This full-time position provides administrative and clerical support to the Department Chairs, Program Directors, and faculty in the Moody Sciences, Krost, and AT&T buildings.
Position requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or administrative program preferred.Relevant college coursework and/or a minimum of eighteen months of equivalent professional experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of procedures and practices in office administration.Ability to maintain accurate filing system and records
- Three years’ experience in an office setting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze facts and individual circumstances to determine appropriate action to be taken within the limits of standard practice
- Proficiency in English grammar, punctuation, spelling, proofreading management and desktop publishing.High proficiency in personal computer systems and software
- Ability to work independently to organize and prioritize work following pre-established standard practices
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively with all departments and employees of the university as well as external constituents
- Understanding of and appreciation for a church-related university
Benefits are competitive. Texas Lutheran University, an accredited university affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, is located 35 miles from downtown San Antonio. For more information about TLU, consult our web site at www.tlu.edu. Please submit an application, a resume, and the contact information for at least three professional references to:
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court Street
Seguin, Texas 78155
Fax: (830) 372-6409
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made. Texas Lutheran University has been recognized as a “Great College to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education and also is on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll.The University is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and also is subject to the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA).Texas Lutheran University is committed to diversity.
Texas Lutheran University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Dr. Bernadette Buchanan, Title IX Coordinator, 830-372-8060. TLU's Title IX policies are outlined at www.tlu.edu/titleix.
For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.