Texas Lutheran University invites applications for RSVP Director of Volunteer Recruitment and Publicity.This is a part-time, hourly position (20 hrs/wk) - providing administrative support to the Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) office.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Visit at least 5 stations monthly to update Memorandum of Understanding documents and to develop well supervised volunteer jobs that achieve national service impact.
- The expectation is for at least 15 of the 20 weekly hours to be out of the office primarily at stations, recruiting new volunteers, or placing newly registered volunteers.
- Educate non-profit and governmental agencies, residents, and state and local officials regarding the services of RSVP and present the RSVP and SMP Video as requested by groups.
- Develop and implement a volunteer recruitment plan based on RSVP grant objectives.
- Work with the RSVP Records Manager to maintain required program documentation and volunteer data files.
- Attend staff meetings, advisory council meetings and hearings of funders.
- Provide assistance to the RSVP Director as needed.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent in marketing, program administration, service delivery, or volunteer administration.
- Proficiency in MS Office and internet navigation.
- Functional understanding on non-profit organizations and service delivery/funding correlation.
- Be able to collect and organize data.
- Desired characteristics are positive outlook, vision, comfort in leadership role, skilled in motivating people, enjoy networking/relationship building and goal/task oriented.
The ELCA’s 26 colleges and universities value and practice academic and religious freedom while preparing women and men for lives of leadership and service in a diverse world. Texas Lutheran University is a Hispanic Serving Institution, has been recognized as a “Great College to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education, and is on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll with Distinction. For more information, consult our web site at http://www.tlu.edu.
Please submit a completed TLU application addressing the above criteria, resume, and contact information for three professional references (names, addresses, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers). All applications will be considered confidential.Electronic submissions are preferred; paper documents will be accepted.
Texas Lutheran University
1000 West Court Street
Phone: (830) 372-8017
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until August 14, 2015.The University is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). As part of a serious commitment to diversity in its faculty, Texas Lutheran University encourages applications from women and minorities.
This is a temp position and applicant hours must be flexible.
PTAN (Part time as needed) Communications Specialist/Dispatcher for evenings, weekends and overnights (12 midnight to 8 am). Applicant would route incoming calls and information to the public, in a typical office setting. Applicant must be computer knowledgeable and have a high school diploma or equivalent. Applicant must be able to handle stressful situations.
Interested parties may complete an application (See Application Procedure above) and submit to email@example.com or fax to 830-372-6409. Applicants may also pick up an application at TLU Human Resources Office:
1000 W. Court Street
Seguin TX 78155
Beck Administration Bldg RM 105