Accreditation & Accolades
Texas Lutheran University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate and master's degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, call 404-679-4500 for questions, or visit http://www.sacscoc.org about the accreditation of Texas Lutheran University.
Program Specific Accreditation
- Teacher Education: Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC)
- Business Administration: Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Athletic Training: Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
- School of Music: National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- Nursing: Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- 2021 U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Colleges” rankings among regional colleges in the West, TLU is second on the list for “Best Value,” fourth overall, and No. 5 for Top Performers in Social Mobility.
- 2020 U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Colleges” rankings among regional colleges in the West, TLU ranked second for “Best Value,” and fourth overall. This is the fifth consecutive year TLU has been featured on the “Best Value” rankings. Other notable recognitions include TLU’s ranking as No. 19 in Ethnic Diversity and No. 5 for Top Performers on Social Mobility—a new category added for 2020.
- 2019 U.S. News & World Report: No. 1 “Best Value” & No. 3 “Best Colleges for Veterans” in the Western Region
- 2018 U.S. News & World Report: No. 1 “Best Value” & No. 2 “Best Colleges” in the Western Region
- 2017 U.S. News & World Report: No. 1 "Best Value" & No. 2 "Best Colleges" in the Western Region
- Washington Monthly's 2016 College Rankings: "Best Baccalaureate Colleges"
- The Princeton Review: 2019 Best Western College
- President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll member 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Great Colleges to Work For by The Chronicle of Higher Education 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019