Accreditation & Accolades
Texas Lutheran University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. Degree-granting institutions also may offer credentials such as certificates and diplomas at approved degree levels. Questions about the accreditation of Texas Lutheran University may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC's website (http://www.sacscoc.org).
- Teacher Education: Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC)
- Business Administration: Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Athletic Training: Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
- School of Music: National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
"The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Texas Lutheran University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education." Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- 2023 U.S. News & World Report: No. 2 “Best Value” & No. 5 “Best Colleges” in the Western Region. This is the eighth consecutive year for TLU to be featured in the top 5 colleges for “Best Value” rankings. Other notable recognitions include TLU’s ranking as a top 20 regional colleges for Social Mobility – the fourth year TLU has appeared in this new category.
- The Princeton Review: 2023 “Best in the West.”
- Great Colleges to Work For® by ModernThink 2012 to 2021.