Accreditation & Accolades
Texas Lutheran University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate and master's degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, call 404-679-4500 for questions, or visit http://www.sacscoc.org about the accreditation of Texas Lutheran University.
Program Specific Accreditation
- Teacher Education: Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC)
- Business Administration: Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Athletic Training: Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
- School of Music: National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- Nursing: Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- 2022 U.S. News & World Report: TLU is ranked No. 1 "Best Value" and fifth on the list of “Best Colleges” in the West. Other notable recognitions include TLU’s acknowledgment as a top 20 regional college for Social Mobility—the third year the university has appeared in this category.
- 2021 U.S. News & World Report: TLU is No. 2 “Best Value,” fourth for "Best Colleges," and No. 5 for Top Performers in Social Mobility.
- 2020 U.S. News & World Report: TLU is No. 2 "Best Value" and fourth for “Best Colleges” in the West. Other notable recognitions include TLU’s ranking as No. 19 in Ethnic Diversity and No. 5 for Top Performers on Social Mobility—a new category added for 2020.
- 2019 U.S. News & World Report: TLU is ranked No. 1 “Best Value” and No. 3 “Best Colleges for Veterans” in the West.
- 2018 U.S. News & World Report: TLU is ranked No. 1 “Best Value” and No. 2 “Best Colleges” in the West.
- 2017 U.S. News & World Report: TLU is ranked No. 1 "Best Value" and No. 2 "Best Colleges" in the West.
- Washington Monthly's 2016 College Rankings: "Best Baccalaureate Colleges"
- The Princeton Review: 2019 Best Western College
- President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll member 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Great Colleges to Work For by The Chronicle of Higher Education 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019, and 2020