- Freshmen Students
- Transfer Students
- International Students
- Visit TLU
- Contact Admissions
Next Steps After Applying
Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Your application - either through the TLU Application, Common Application, or ApplyTexas - also serves as your application for TLU academic scholarships.
- If you want to be considered for federal, state, or institutional grants or aid, you will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which opens on Oct. 1. To have your FAFSA information sent directly to TLU, enter Federal School Code 003641. You will need your tax return as well as your parents' tax information to complete the FAFSA
For more information about scholarships, grants, loans, and financial aid in general, please visit tlu.edu/finaid or contact Student Financial Services at 830-372-8075.
Checklist for Admitted Students:
- Submit your nonrefundable $400 enrollment deposit by May 1. Deposits can be made on the student status page.
- Submit proof of meningitis vaccination (administered between Aug. 17, 2014-Aug. 17, 2019) one of two ways:
- Email a PDF copy of the documentation to email@example.com.
- Mail to Office of Admissions, Texas Lutheran University, 1000 W. Court St, Seguin, TX 78155.
- Submit your final transcript with graduation date.
- Complete the housing application and contract available after receipt of deposit and meningitis vaccine. The housing application is available in February and housing assignments will be made in the summer for fall applicants and after January 1 for spring applicants.
- Complete the New Student Registration Form (NSRF) after receipt of deposit and meningitis vaccine. The NSRF is available on April 13, 2019 and is used by faculty and advising staff to create your course schedule.
- Register for Bulldog Basics: An optional event for deposited students during the summer. It provides opportunities for students to tie up any loose ends before arriving on campus in the fall. Students are also able to get their TLU photo IDs made and families can meet with a financial aid counselor to get assistance with completing any outstanding financial aid documents. Before an RSVP can be submitted, students must pay the enrollment deposit and provide proof of meningitis vaccination.
- Attend Bulldog Orientation: Takes place the weekend prior to the start of classes and is meant to help you transition into life at TLU. You’ll move in to your dorm and attend preparation sessions to introduce you to your academic responsibilities and social opportunities while attending TLU. Parents and family members are also invited to attend special sessions meant just for them after helping you move in to your dorm room.
- Celebrate at Matriculation: A ceremony that marks your official signing as a TLU student. This is usually one of the first events of Bulldog Orientation weekend.
Texas Lutheran University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Dr. Bernadette Buchanan, Title IX Coordinator, 830-372-8060.
Click here for further information on notice of non-discrimination and the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or, call 1-800-421-3481.