Policies & Expectations for Staying Healthy on Campus
TLU has created policies and expectations for faculty, staff, and students to ensure everyone's health and safety
Policies and Expectations
- Universal Mask Use Policy and Practice
Physical Distancing Policy and Practice
- A physical distance of at least six feet must be maintained (labs are an exception) when there is no physical barrier between individuals.
- Desks, chairs, and tables in classrooms and conference rooms are marked unavailable or removed to allow for six feet of separation between individuals. Auditorium spaces will have every other row empty as well as two empty seats (or six feet) between individuals in any row.
- Close quarter spaces such as elevators and offices must be limited to a maximum of two people, wearing masks, and distancing six feet apart.
- Open, common, and gathering spaces such as building entrances and hallways will be marked with unidirectional flow for entering and exiting where possible. Dedicated separate entries and exists for each facility will be marked where possible.
- Student support services and high-traffic, walk-up or walk-in services will move to online options for assistance where feasible.
- Administration offices (Registrar, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Business Office, Admissions, and Human Resources) that provide walk-up or walk-in services to students and visitors will use plexiglass shields, signage, and floor markers to ensure distancing of six feet.
- Group gatherings must maintain six-foot physical distancing at all times.
Personal Protective Equipment
TLU will provide adequate PPE to employees on request, particularly those engaged in high-risk duties such as cleaning high-traffic areas and all campus-based isolation/quarantine residential facilities.
Follow CDC’s Stop the Spread of Germs guidelines for proper hygiene and hand washing.
Follow CDC guidelines for How to Put On and Take Off PPE (English)
Follow CDC guidelines for How to Put On and Take Off PPE (Spanish)
CDC’s How to Put On and Take Off PPE – YouTube Video
Campus Cleaning Policy & Procedures
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection protocols of common contact areas and high-touch surfaces added to standard operating procedures for campus buildings and residence halls.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers located throughout campus building primarily in entrances, exits, and outside restrooms.
- Disinfectant wipe dispensers located in every classroom for students and faculty to use to thoroughly disinfect desks or workspaces before or after use.
- Doorstops will be installed where feasible (cannot be installed on fire exit doors).
- Enhanced procedures for disinfecting residence hall rooms, bathrooms, classrooms, and areas that an infected student, staff, or faculty member has come in contact with will be used if an individual tests positive for COVID-19. Common areas will be disinfected immediately whereas a single residence hall room may be fogged then cleaned 24 hours later.