President Cottrell and TLU Athletic Director Bill Miller recently joined presidents and athletic directors from other SCAC schools to revisit the conference's spectator policy for athletic events. The decision was made to allow colleges in the conference to set their own spectator policies for the remainder of the season for at-home, outdoor competitions. Beginning Friday, March 26, TLU spectators including students, family members, and friends of home team players will be allowed to attend outdoor athletic events. There is a limit of four spectators per student-athlete or coach.
Please familiarize yourself with the following protocols to ensure a good experience:
- To ensure manageable game day experiences, SCAC competitions remain closed to fans of the guest team and families of guest team members.
- The adjusted Spectator Policy only allows for the attendance of students, family members, and friends of home team players at outdoor events.
- Four spectators are allowed per student athlete or coach. These four spectators are designated at the discretion of the student-athlete or coach and may not be changed after the final list has been submitted to the Compliance Coordinator. Only spectators (regardless of age) listed on the pass list will be allowed to enter the facility.
- All spectators must wear a mask to enter the facility and are encouraged to sit with their own group and social distance from others. There will be no contact allowed between players and spectators.
- Gates will open one hour prior to the game.
- Spectators will check in at the entrance gate where they will give the name they are listed under, show picture ID, and once confirmed, each person will receive a stamp on their hand for admission.
- The Spectator Policy applies to both conference and non-conference competition.
- The current Spectator Policy applies only to regular season competition. The possibility of spectator attendance at SCAC Championship outdoor sporting events will be announced at a later date.
- No spectators will be allowed at the Track and Field meet on Saturday, March 27, due to the number of student athletes in attendance.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com.