As part of Sexual Assault Awareness Month and a Department of Justice grant from the Office of Violence Against Women Campus Grant and TLU's Title IX efforts, this Amazing Race-style event will unite the community in the fight against sexual assault. While the race will start and end at TLU, participants will visit various locations around the city and interact with the people and agencies that help victims of sexual assault including: Seguin Police Department, Guadalupe County Attorney’s Office, Guadalupe Valley Family Violence Shelter, Guadalupe Regional Medical Center, and Guadalupe County Children’s Advocacy Center.
The purpose of this event is to bring awareness to the community in the fight against sexual assault during Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) 2019.
- Teams of 2-4 people, including a team captain.
- Personal insured vehicle needed to travel between locations in Seguin.
- Team captains must arrive at TLU by 9:30 a.m.
- 10 a.m. Meet at starting point (TLU Wupperman Theatre)
- 11:30 a.m. Meet at ending point (TLU Wupperman Theatre)
- 11:30 - 12 p.m. Debrief/Closing/Prizes
**Please note no child care will be provided.
Deadline for registration is April 1. For questions, please email email@example.com.