TLU Alumni Recommendation Award (TARA)
The Texas Lutheran University Alumni Recommendation Award (TARA) was established to highlight the connection between our distinguished alumni and our new students. TLU Alumni recommend prospective students who they feel will add to the community of learning and faith that is the Bulldog community.
The guidelines are as follows:
- Any TLU alumnus/a may nominate only one student per academic year to receive the $1000 award.
- Student must be a full-time undergraduate student, attending TLU for the first time.
- The award is good for the first year only and is non-renewable.
- The recommended student must meet university admissions acceptance standards.
- The recommended student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- TLU employees are eligible to disperse voucher, but not to a spouse or dependant receiving tuition benefit.
- The nominating alumnus/a must complete all portions of the online TARA nomination form.
The Admissions and Alumni Offices will verify the nomination forms before the awarded is given.