Having a mentor not only helps one expand their network, it’s also an opportunity to learn how to balance responsibilities, develop confidence, and learn from the experiences of others. The newly formed Bulldog Mentor Program pairs current students with a graduate they can depend on for career and personal guidance. Led by the Office of Alumni Relations with support from TLU Career Development, the program offers support for students who would benefit from having a mentor to guide them in their professional and academic success.
“The Bulldog Mentor Program is a new initiative that allows us to partner with alumni near and far who are looking to connect with current students,” TLU Director of Alumni Relations Gaby Alvarado said. “We hope to build our mentor base with strong, influential, and eager alumni who are willing to share their leadership knowledge, as well as personal and academic experiences.”
Alvarado says any alumni who are interested in being a mentor do not need to reside near Seguin to participate. The application process will also include an option to meet virtually via Zoom or FaceTime.
“A program like this allows us to build a bridge between students and alumni around the world,” she said. “It is extremely important for our alumni to develop a professional relationship with current students. This allows our students to see first-hand success with their degree program, and gives them a guide on life after college.”
- Mandatory application for both student and alum in order to learn more about each individual and accurately pair.
- Unique pairs will actively meet (virtual or in-person) to ensure a strong connection is created.
- Share academic and professional achievements, goals and aspirations.
- Create an environment for TLU students that offers career readiness tools.
- Alumni will expand their professional interests and networks.
- Mentor Training
- Expand Your Network
- Explore Your Leadership Style
- Self-Reflection and Personal Growth
- Enhance Listening Skills
- Strong Professional Connections
- Create a Strong Professional Foundation
- Enhance Your Confidence
- Create an Authentic Bond Guidance and Collaboration
- Career Development Workshops
- Exclusive Networking Events
- Create A Bridge Between Alumni and Current Students
- Safe Space for Professional and Personal Growth
Applications to be released in Spring 2023. To express your interest, please contact us at email@example.com or (830) 372-6987.