BOLD INSPIRATION: THE INAUGURATION OF DR. DEBBIE COTTRELL, 16TH PRESIDENT OF TEXAS LUTHERAN UNIVERSITY
Inauguration activities will be held October 24 - 26, 2019, with the official installation ceremony on Saturday, October 26, at 2 p.m. TLU invites all members of the campus and surrounding communities to join us as we welcome Dr. Cottrell and celebrate this historical event.
ABOUT DR. COTTRELL
A native of Dallas, Texas, Dr. Debbie Cottrell became the 16th president of Texas Lutheran University on July 1, 2019. Prior to assuming the presidency of TLU, she served as Vice President for Academic Affairs at TLU for seven years. During that time, she was involved in the development of new performing arts facilities, the addition of four graduate programs as well as the Nursing program, and a sponsored research program that resulted in external gifts averaging $2 million per year.
Prior to joining the TLU community, Dr. Cottrell served as Provost of William Peace University in North Carolina, where she led academic affairs, enrollment, and student life. She has also served as Associate Dean of the Faculty and Director of Graduate Programs at Smith College in Massachusetts. Dr. Cottrell began her career in higher education at Cottey College in Missouri, where she taught history and government and served as Assistant Dean of the Faculty.
SCHEDULE OF INAUGURAL EVENTS
Thursday, October 24
- 4 p.m. Student Open House, President's Residence (invite only)
- 5 p.m. Community Reception, Sneckner Lobby, Weston Center
- 7 p.m. Music Celebration: Contemporary Christian Artist Evan Egerer, Chapel Of The Abiding Presence
Friday, October 25
- 3 p.m. Regent, Faculty, and Staff Reception, Jackson Auditorium Lobby, Weston Center
- 4 p.m Bold Inspiration in Higher Education: Why I Do What I Do - An Academic Panel Discussion, Jackson Auditorium, Weston Center
- 5 p.m. Campaign VIP Celebration, Sneckner Lobby, Weston Center (invite only)
Saturday, October 26
- 1 p.m. Academic Robing & Processional Lineup, Weston Center
- 2 p.m. Installation Ceremony, Jackson Auditorium, Weston Center
- 3 p.m. Inaugural Reception, Sneckner Lobby, Weston Center
For Delegate information, please email Susan Rinn (email@example.com).