A weekend for families and alumni full of reunions, tailgating, award ceremonies, golf and so much more. Special reunions this year: The Classes of 1961, 1966, 1970 and 1971, Golden Group Reunion, Black Student Union 51st Reunion, 90’s Reunion and Bulldog Block Party. We're constantly planning new reunions for you and your families to attend, so please check back regularly for new events and updates.
TLU is also actively monitoring COVID-19 in our region and following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding large gatherings. As Alumni & Family Weekend approaches, the university may have to make necessary adjustments to reunion events and activities.
To attend a major reunion this year, an RSVP must be made in advance prior to Alumni & Family Weekend either by registering on this page or by contacting the Office of Alumni Relations at 830-372-8030.
Schedule Of Events
Friday, October 1
- 9 AM-1 PM Alumni & Family Weekend Information Desk & Check In (Alumni Student Center)
- 9 AM-4:30 PM Campus Bookstore Open (Alumni Student Center)
- 12PM S.P.iR.I.T. Posters Display (Alumni Student Center) S.P.iR.I.T. stands for Students Participating in Research & Innovative Thinking. Students will be presenting their research on Saturday from 9:30-11:30 a.m. Posters will be on display until Sunday at 12 p.m.
- 12PM- 55th Annual Alumni & Family Weekend Starcke Park Golf Tournament (650 River Dr. W, Seguin, TX 78155).
Lunch is served at 12 PM, with tee-off at 1 PM. The 55th annual golf tournament is being sponsored by First Commercial Bank of Seguin.
- 1 PM Bulldog Investment Company Guest Speaker Chris Bloomstran (Dunne Conference Room, Tschoepe Hall)
- 6-10 PM Bulldog Block Party (Seguin Brewing and Pizza Co. 111 W. Gonzales St., Seguin, TX 78155)
The Alumni Association Board of Directors are excited to welcome everyone to the Bulldog Block Party to help kick off Alumni & Family Weekend! This is a family friendly event with fun and games, as well as food/drink available to purchase.
- 6-10 PM 1990s Reunion at the Bulldog Block Party - Seguin Brewing and Pizza Co.
Saturday, October 2
- 9:30-11:30 AM S.P.iR.I.T. Posters (Students Participating in Research & Innovative Thinking)
Students will be presenting their research on Saturday and welcome anyone who would like to learn more about their work. Posters will be on display until Sunday at 12 p.m.
- 10 AM Bulldog Tailgate Opens- (Jackson Park across from Bulldog Stadium)
- 10 AM-12 PM Family Weekend Activities Check In (Alumni Student Center)
Tailgating is available on a first-come, first-served basis and no reservations are required. The area will be unlocked and people will be free to set up to tailgate.
- 10-10:45 AM Chapel Service (Chapel of the Abiding Presence)
- 11 AM-2 PM Coffee Shop Open (Tschoepe Hall)
- 11 AM-1 PM Golden Group Reunion (Hein Dining Hall Commons)
This reunion will honor the classes of 1970 and 1971 on their 50th and 51st reunions, as well as anyone that graduated prior to 1970. Among many others, the classes of 1961 and 1966 will be joining as they will be celebrating their 60th and 65th reunions after this luncheon. You must RSVP in advance for this event in order to ensure your admittance due to capacity limitations.
- 11:30 AM-1:30 PM Black Student Union 51st Reunion (Hein Dining Hall)
The Black Student Union invites you to join them as they celebrate their 51st anniversary with alumni & friends. Following this luncheon, the reunion will move to the Bulldog Tailgate area as they get pumped up for the football game later that evening.
- 1-3 PM Class of 1961 Reunion Katie Room (Hein Dining Hall)
- 1-3 PM Class of 1966 Reunion Suehs Room (Hein Dining Hall)
- 1-3 PM Classes of 1970 & 1971 Reunion (Hein Dining Hall Commons)
- 1:30-4:30 PM Parent & Family Tailgate (Jackson Park across from Bulldog Stadium)
- 1:30-4 PM Men’s Alumni Basketball Game (Memorial Gymnasium)
- 2-3 PM Hall Of Fame/Wall Of Honor Ceremony (Jackson Auditorium)
- 2 PM Theology, Philosophy, & Classical Languages Reunion (Tschoepe Hall 130)
- 2-6 PM Bulldog Tailgate (Jackson Park across from Bulldog Stadium)
Bulldog Tailgate, hosted by the Alumni Association Board of Directors, will be where those without a specific reunion or event to attend will find the most fun. Here is where the Greek fraternities and sororities, student organizations, athletic teams, and alumni will be chilling and grilling. Get your free Alumni & Family Weekend shirt from the alumni tent beginning at 3 PM (while supplies last). To reserve a spot, you must do so in advance by contacting Taylor Collins ’14 at 210-870-0806 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2 PM: 1990s Reunion at Bulldog Tailgate (Jackson Park across from Bulldog Stadium)
Alumni & friends from the 1990s are invited to celebrate at Bulldog Tailgate. For some of our 1990s alumni, this will be their first-ever football game, so we’re going to do it in style. We will have a special tailgate spot just for you and your friends to enjoy!
- 6 PM: TLU Bulldogs vs. Belhaven Blazers (Bulldog Stadium)