Ph.D. in Nursing Education, Walden University
Post-Master’s Certification - Gerontological Nurse Practitioner, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
M.S. in Nursing, Nursing Education, University of the Incarnate Word
B.S.N in Nursing, University of the Incarnate Word
Worked as a registered nurse for 27 years in various capacities including: bedside nursing, home health, hospice, quality improvement and compliance. Also worked as a Nursing Home Supervisor in an acute care setting as a nurse practitioner.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
Community Health Nursing
- May 2020, Graduating Seniors. As the faculty mentor, I have worked with them on the research entitled “Medication Nonadherence in Hypertensive Patients ages 30 to 75 years old.”
- December 2020 Cohort, I am a co-faculty mentor with Mrs. Amie Bedgood, where we are working with students on their research project entitled “Barriers to Bedside Reporting: A proposal.
- Spring 2021 Cohort, as the faculty mentor, a group that is doing research entitled, “Health Literacy and Self Care Behaviors in Community-Dwelling Geriatric Individuals.”
- August 21, 2021 - Faculty Research Dissertation The Effects of Medication Adherence in Older Latina Women with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Health Literacy
- “Debriefing: A Critical Review of the Literature to Foster Faculty Development"
- Sister Charles Marie Frank Leadership Award from UIW School of Nursing for Community Work
- Principal Investigator for HRSA Cambio Project 2019 to 2022
- National League of Nursing – Simulation Leader Fellowship
- National League of Nursing’s (NLN) Eighth Annual Technology Conference, November 2013