Campus Ministries at TLU exist to support, encourage, and challenge students and the entire TLU community in their faith journeys.
Campus Ministries at TLU
The many activities and groups sponsored by Campus Ministries provide a variety of ways for students to strengthen their faith and explore new avenues of faith development. Our diverse community is made up of a variety of students with a variety of religious backgrounds. Campus Ministries welcomes each student, wherever they are on their faith journey, and invites them to deepen their awareness of God's presence and to embrace God's calling to work together for justice and peace in the world.
TLU Campus Ministries provide a focal point for the community of faith where people:
- Proclaim Christ in Word, Encounter Christ in Sacrament, and experience Christ in relationship.
- Place what they learn in conversation with what they believe and value.
- Witness to the reconciling Word of God in Christ, reaching out to all people.
- Respond to human need, work for peace and justice, and care for the sick and suffering.
- Find people in a supportive experience of community.
- Welcome one another warmly no matter what faith, tradition, nationality, race or denomination.
- Seek sensitive, personal and confidential pastoral care.
- Join in praise and worship, exploring the rich liturgical Christian worship tradition.
Monday, Wednesday, & Friday during the academic year
10:00 - 10:20 a.m.
Start your day with praise and prayer at the Chapel of the Abiding Presence. Every Friday is Faculty/Staff day, with a guest speaker sharing stories of how God is working in their lives.
Worship Support Team
There are a million ways to use your talents in support of our many worship services! Join our Chapel Band with your guitar, drums, or vocal skills. Read Scripture. Welcome worshipers. Run the sound board. Create the slide show. Be a part of our new Chapel Choir. Set up chairs. There's a place for you to serve - just ask!
Be a part of a TLU tradition: come out for Coffeehouse! Whether you sing or play an instrument, write original poetry, perform monologues, or love to dance, there's a place for you on the Coffeehouse lineup! Once a month we set up the chapel with a cool, laid-back vibe, brew some fair-trade coffee, and sit back and enjoy the show. Co-sponsors like the Foreign Language Honor Society often bring free food (enchiladas & guacamole!) and free T-shirts, so make sure you get there early.
For those looking to explore a new denomination or who want to find the one that fits their heritage, we have several small groups related to Christian denominations. Each group meets at different times and different places, and also participates in our joint Campus Ministries.
Campus Crusade for Christ
Canterbury Fellowship (Episcopalian)
Catholic Student Organization
Fellowship of Christian Athletes
Grace Place (Lutheran)
Wesley Foundation (Methodist)
Campus Ministries Leadership Team
Campus Ministries are planned and led by student who are members of the Campus Ministries Leadership Team. Each Denominational Group on campus elects a member to the Leadership Team. These Denominational Partners serve as assistants for our joint ministries and work together to plan monthly all-campus events, sponsored by each Denominational Group.
- TLU Experience
- Residence Life
- Student Activities
- Center for Servant Leadership
- Support Services
- Family & First year
- About Student Life & Learning
- Title IX Nondiscrimination Policy
Alumnus Jaime “Rusty” Suarez Promoted to Assistant Chief at Seguin Police Department