CANCELED TLU TBS-KKP Band Festival 2020
May 13 2020 - May 21 2020 | Location: Jackson Auditorium
This event has been canceled.
20th Annual Texas Lutheran University TBS-KKP Band Festival
May 13-16 & 20-21, 2020
Registration Deadline: April 1 (Registration will close when all spots are filled.)
Cancellation Deadline: April 1
Payment Deadline: April 15 (Make checks payable to TLU Band Festival/TBS-KKP.)
All performances will be in Jackson Auditorium, a wonderful place to get a quality recording of your band!
About the Band Festival
Entry Fee: $325 per band (includes CD recording)
- Participation Trophy or Outstanding Trophy for all bands
- Limited Special Recognition – Outstanding Musicianship Trophy
*Adjudicators will be experienced Texas Music Educators with a broad understanding of levels and expectations with regard to school size and ensemble status.
Information coming soon.
- 2 or 3 selections, 25 minutes of music max. (longer programs will be allowed as needed with proper notification.)
- Music need not be on the Prescribed Music List.
- Bands of all levels are welcome, beginners through high school.
- Complete application request a performance time. You will be contacted by email or telephone for confirmation.
- Payment (no purchase orders, please) is due by April 15 to hold your scheduled time. Please make checks payable to TLU Band Festival/TBS-KKP.
- As our festival schedule is usually full, please notify Beth Bronk of any cancellations no later than April 1 in order to allow others to participate. Please note that after April 1, there will be no refunds for cancellations.
- Final instructions will be sent out the last week of April.
- Unless you specifically request otherwise, all ensembles will receive a brief on-stage clinic with one of the adjudicators at the completion of their performance.
Please check the schedule by clicking the link below to make sure of your times and to verify your entry and information forms and checks have been received.
Information for Directors
Please check the schedule above to verify that your entry information is correct and your forms and checks have been received. Fax in the announcer’s sheet and set-up charts at your earliest convenience.
Forms to Fill Out and Fax In IN ADVANCE
Please fax or scan and email the following forms as soon as possible and no later than May 1:
When you reach campus, Jackson Auditorium is visible from Highway 46. Stop at Jackson to drop off your scores, your set-up charts and announcer’s sheet (if you did not email them in early) and pick up your monitor. If you have large percussion equipment, you may unload it outside of Jackson at the loading dock.
Please bring three original, numbered judge’s scores for each of your selections to turn in when you arrive.
Warm up will be in the Weston Center Teggeman Band Hall, attached to Jackson Auditorium.
Move to the Stage
Five minutes before you perform, you will move to the stage. It is a short walk down the street to the backstage entrance of the auditorium. You should have sufficient time to play a bit on stage or check tuning before you give the announcer the go-ahead. We will provide transport for larger instruments.
There will be no risers onstage. If you want risers, please bring your own and a crew to help get them on and off the stage. Risers are not necessary on the stage at Jackson – the acoustics are wonderful without them. There is a good sound shell on the stage and it will be set up as it is for our concerts.
The following percussion equipment is available onstage if you choose to use it: timpani, bass drum, chimes, gong, xylophone, vibes, marimba, and bells. Please bring your own cymbals, snare, toms, or accessories, and all sticks and mallets. There will be a podium and conductor’s stand onstage. If you have any other special needs, please let me know ASAP so I can try to accommodate you.
We are happy to provide a SHORT onstage clinic if you would like one and if time allows. The judges will take turns giving verbal critique to those that want it. The clinic might consist of some encouragement or some brief thoughts about improving as an ensemble, or it could include talking about how to improve a specific spot in the music that didn’t quite happen in performance. When you check in, please confirm whether, if time allows, you would like a short onstage clinic.
SRS Recordings (Scott Shepherd’s company) will be recording this year at no additional cost to you. He will provide a CD for every ensemble that performs. You will receive the CD with your comment sheets, scores and trophy when you check out.
All judges are experienced, successful directors with experience at all levels of teaching and a great deal to offer our performing groups.
Comment Sheets and Trophies
All groups performing will receive comment sheets and a trophy. The trophies are either “Participant” or “Outstanding Performance” awards. A copy of the adjudication form is included with this information as well.
TLU Director of Bands and Festival Director
Attn: Beth Bronk
1000 West Court Street
Seguin, Texas 78155
June 21, 2020 - June 27, 2020 12:00am - 12:00pm
July 10, 2020 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
July 24, 2020 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
August 1, 2020
October 2, 2020 - October 3, 2020