March 7, 2020 | Location: Jackson Auditorium at Weston Center
Join TLU for ClarinetWorks 2020!
Get advice for better tone, articulation, and rhythm in every class while taking classes with the pros. There will be special sessions for directors and bass clarinetists, and concerts, displays, and masterclasses are all included with registration. All ages and abilities welcome.
Individual Registration ($15)
Group Registration ($10)
Directors accompanying school groups of five attend for free
- Directors Class: Dr. Jennifer Dafinee of the USAF Band of the West will present a special class for directors with tips and advice for improving your clarinet section. Have a concert selection you need help with? Willing to bring your clarinet section? Register by Feb. 26th and be entered in a drawing to have your students work with Dr. Dafinee live in the directors class.
- How to Cross The Break and What to do When You Get There: Paula Corley, TLU clarinet professor, Vandoren and Buffet Crampon Artist.
- From Behind The Screen: What the Judges Really Think About Your Audition: with "TJ" Peterman, associate director Cypress Woods High School.Purposeful Practice: Stop Wasting Your Time: Jenny Maclay, Vandoren Regional Artist.
- Them Basses: All bass clarinetists and directors will be treated to a bass specific class taught by Dr. Cheyenne Cruz of WoodWired Duo. Bass Clarinetists are encouraged (but not required) to bring a short musical excerpt to play for Dr. Cruz.
Hear two performances with our guest artists. The morning concert will feature works for clarinet and wind ensemble with the TLU Wind Ensemble and the Mission Winds. The afternoon concert will feature WoodWired Duo, Soli Chamber Ensembles, and Jenny Maclay, Vandoren Regional Artist.
- Pizza lunch available onsite for $5.
- Register to win a Buffet Crampon R13 Clarinet! and one lucky school will take home a Buffet Crampon E11 clarinet.
- Vandoren Accessory Packages: mouthpieces, ligatures, and reeds.
- Prizes from Strait Music, High School Music Service, and D'Addario Woodwinds.
Questions? Email Paula Corley at email@example.com
June 21, 2020 - June 27, 2020 12:00am - 12:00pm
July 10, 2020 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
July 24, 2020 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
August 1, 2020
October 2, 2020 - October 3, 2020