MBAs are highly valued in the marketplace as employers seek to hire strong managers and decision makers who are familiar with contemporary management issues, new virtual working environments, change management, and business analytics.
TLU’s new 100% online MBA equips managers with the knowledge and resources they need to lead employees in an era of emerging work settings and an increasing demand for data management and analysis.
True to the TLU experience, our MBA students have many opportunities to get to know others in their cohort and develop long-lasting relationships with a new network of business professionals.
All courses are 8 weeks with 2 starts per year - fall and spring. Candidates complete the program in 12 months (4 courses in fall; 4 in spring; 2 in summer) or there is an option to complete part time.
- Management and leadership in emerging settings
- Traditional and modern theories of management
- Introduction to technology necessary to manage virtual teams
- Statistical analysis, valuation of companies, and value creation
- Operations and supply chain management
- Business marketing, business analytics, data management & analysis, data mining, and predictive modeling
- International business regulation
- Legal and ethical components of business decisions
- Managerial accounting concepts and procedures
- Capstone in strategic management
- Applicants must already hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Along with the application for admission, applicants must submit the following:
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Professional resume
- Minimum of one professional letter of recommendation
- Personal statement explaining applicant’s motivation to pursue TLU’s MBA
- Applicants must have the following academic requirements:
- Overall GPA of 3.0 in undergraduate coursework. If you do not have a 3.0 or higher, you must have a least 5 years of work experience.
- If you do not have an overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or at least 5 years of work experience, you must submit a GRE score of at least 283 or a GMAT score of at least 420 to be considered for admission. Note: GRE or GMAT scores must be within the last five years.
- Applicants must have completed the following undergraduate courses as prerequisites for the MBA. If you have not completed all five courses, you must have completed at least three of the following five courses to be considered for provisional acceptance into the program:
- Principles of Accounting – BUSI 231
- Principles of Management – BUSI 373
- Principles of Marketing – BUSI 337
- Principles of Finance – BUSI 377
- Statistics or higher-level math course – STAT 374 or MATH 136
- Applicants who plan to pursue the Business Analytics certificate must have completed Management of Information Systems – ISYS 231
Admissions Criteria for International Applicants
In addition to the above admissions criteria, international applicants (not living in the U.S.), must provide proof of English proficiency by submitting a TOEFL score or IELTS score:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) taken within the past two years. TOEFL iBT minimum score of 80; TOEFL PBT minimum score of 550; and TOEFL CBT minimum score of 213; or
- IELTS exam score of 6.5 or higher taken within the past two years
Complete Your Prerequisites Online with Ivy
TLU has partnered with Ivy Software to provide self-paced, online, prerequisite courses at a reasonable cost ($125 per course) for our MBA candidates. Students who are directed to complete prerequisites by the Director for Graduate Admissions can create an account through the Ivy-TLU MBA link below to register for the courses they need. As students complete the courses, our MBA faculty and admissions team will be notified. The completion time for each module averages 15-20 hours or 1-2 weeks per course.
Ivy’s courses are non-credit and have been approved by the ACBSP and the IACBE as meeting all the requirements for a Common Professional Component (CPC).
March 1 - Early Deadline
May 1 - Priority Deadline
July 1 - Late Deadline
Oct. 1 - Early Deadline
Nov. 1 - Priority Deadline
Dec. 1 - Late Deadline
Earn a Certificate in Business Analytics with Your MBA
Students in the TLU MBA program will be awarded a Certificate in Business Analytics by completing three courses in TLU’s Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) program.
The National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA)
NC-SARA is a nonprofit organization that helps expand students’ access to educational opportunities and ensure more efficient, consistent, and effective regulation of distance education programs.
Every student deserves a positive educational experience. Sometimes a student’s experience may not be what they anticipate, and the student may have a concern or a complaint. For this reason, NC-SARA has a process for student complaints. To learn more about this process or to file a complaint, please visit the NC-SARA website: