Spring Graduation 20237:00pm – 8:30pm
- Blumberg Library Lawn
- Campus Map
Baccalaureate Service (Jackson Auditorium)
Saturday, May 13, 2023 at 2 p.m.
Baccalaureate is a service of worship which celebrates the graduates. Participation is encouraged, but not required. Report to the Weston Center Studio Theatre by 1:40 p.m. to line up for the processional to Jackson Auditorium. Wear your gown, but not your cap. Do not wear any honor cords or medallions that you may receive from an honor society or other organization. These are not worn until the commencement ceremony that evening. The faculty marshals will be present to assist with the line-up. There is no individual order for lining up other than to have the program participants go first, followed by the faculty, then the graduates.
The crucifer will lead the processional into the auditorium. The faculty marshals will direct the faculty, graduates, and platform party to their respective seats. Remain standing in place until the signal to be seated.
For the recessional, the crucifer will lead the way out. The platform party, graduates and faculty will follow as directed by the faculty marshals.
Master's Hooding Ceremony (Chapel Of The Abiding Presence)
Saturday, May 13, 2023 at 4 p.m.
Graduates who are to receive a master’s hood at Spring Commencement will be contacted directly by your program advisor with details regarding the hooding ceremony.
Graduation Ceremony (Memorial Gymnasium)
Saturday, May 13, 2023 at 7 p.m.
Each graduate will be given 7 rain tickets to be used since the ceremony has now been moved to Memorial Gym due to inclement weather forecasts.
For Commencement, report to Tostengard Activity Center by 5:45 p.m. for lining up for the processional, last minute instructions, clarification of the pronunciation of names, and picture taking. The faculty marshals will be present to assist with the line-up and charts will be posted along the formation area.
At 6:55 p.m., the crucifer will lead the procession from the Tostengard Activity Center to Memorial Gymnasium.
Here are a few reminders and notes for graduates and attendees:
- Please pick up your rain tickets in the TLU Bookstore if you have not already done so.
- No additional tickets are available. Each graduate should have 7 tickets for family and friends.
- We will open the doors to Memoriam Gym at 6 p.m. and allow tickets holders to enter.
- Just before the ceremony begins and after ticket holders have been seated, we will allow non-ticket holders entry, if any seats remain.
- Handicapped seating is available on the floor of the gym.
- The parking lot adjacent to the Rinn Field House and a section of the library parking lot will be designated as handicap parking.
- The parking lot adjacent to the Rinn Field House will also be the drop-off location for those requiring assistance.
- The Alumni Student Center will be open for seating and the event will be livestreamed on the TV in the Graf Lounge.
- For your convenience, the TLU Bookstore will be open from 1 - 8:30 p.m. and Lucky’s Snack Bar in the Alumni Student Center will be open prior to graduation from 5-7 p.m. with water, sodas, coffee, and snacks.
For general questions about graduation, please feel free to contact Susan Rinn at 830-372-8001 or visit her in Beck Center Suite 220. You may also find graduation information on MyTLU.