At TLU, each student is challenged to Learn Boldly and for many, that includes studying abroad.
International Education Office
Experiencing and interacting with different cultures, languages, people, and places prepares students to delve into their next life adventure after graduation. TLU's study abroad program is designed to enrich lessons in and outside of the classroom and produce more understanding, and worldly individuals.
The mission of the International Education (IE) Office is to enhance the value of a TLU education through international experiences and global education.
Their goals are to:
- Increase student global awareness.
- Stimulate interest in international perspectives.
- Help students realize their potentials.
- Prepare students for lives in our increasingly interconnected world.
Student learning outcomes are to:
- Articulate the impact of the study abroad experience on one’s perception of the people or culture of the host country.
- Articulate the impact of the study abroad experience on one’s perception of self either academically, professionally, or personally.
- Describe the academic or personal skills acquired as a result of the study abroad experience.
The International Education (IE) office offers many programs and hosts international students from various countries. The IE staff advises and guides students through the study abroad application process, from start to finish. We can help students choose a program and country, answer questions about the application procedure, and provide a pre-departure orientation and post-return re-orientation class.
For incoming international students, the IE staff provides an orientation to life in the United States, university procedures, and information about regulations of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services office. We are also here as general support and counsel as international students get assimilated to life at TLU.