Texas Lutheran University seeks applications and nominations for a Director of Student Financial Services. This employee will provide strategic direction and operational management/support for the Student Financial Services team. This position will supply progressive leadership in the areas of financial aid and student account administration through an emphasis on individual attention to students and a high quality of service. Qualified candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
- Substantial financial aid experience is required. A minimum of five years of higher education experience (financial aid/student financial services focus), with at least 3 years of director level experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of financial aid and student accounts management
- Strong technical background with working knowledge of PowerFAIDs, Jenzabar, Microsoft Office, web-based loan products, EDconnect and EDExpress
- Ability to deal with complex issues that are not easily evaluated, and make decisions based on conclusions for which there is little precedent
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Must be able to exercise a high degree of judgement and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Understand and support the mission of Texas Lutheran University
For full job description, please click here.
Benefits are competitive. Texas Lutheran University, an accredited university affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, is located 35 miles from downtown San Antonio. For more information about TLU, consult our web site at www.tlu.edu. Please submit an application, a resume, and the contact information for at least three professional references to:
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court Street
Seguin, TX 78155
Fax: (830) 372-6409
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made. Texas Lutheran University is a Hispanic Serving Institution that has been recognized as a “Great College to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education and also is on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll. The University is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and also is subject to the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). Texas Lutheran University is committed to diversity.
Texas Lutheran University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Dr. Bernadette Buchanan, Title IX Coordinator, 830-372-8060. TLU's Title IX policies are outlined at www.tlu.edu/titleix.
For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.