Texas Lutheran University, Department of Nursing invites applications for a 12-month, full-time, coordinator/instructor in the BSN Program. Work among the best during this time of change and opportunity in nursing and health care. The appointment will begin January 2015.
This position is responsible for coordinating the RN to BSN track and the continuing nursing education unit for the Department of Nursing. Additional expectations include professional and career advising, instruction and community service related to these areas. Other duties include assisting in program clinical and course coordination, participation in general nursing program activities; instruction for specific courses, assisting in maintaining/obtaining clinical sites; assisting in program recruitment, and assisting faculty in student advising. The position reports to the Department of Nursing Director and works closely with other nursing faculty to fulfill the mission of the department. Additional assignments may be required as assigned by the Department of Nursing Director.
- Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited college/university
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in Texas or be eligible for licensure in Texas
- Five (5) years or more of full-time, or equivalent, professional nursing experience; three out of the five years in acute nursing care, faculty/instructor experience, and coordinator/management position experience
- Evidence of experience in program development and evaluation, curriculum design, and teaching in an undergraduate baccalaureate nursing program
- Evidence of maintaining clinical and educational competencies in the area of instructional responsibilities
- Evidence of ability to work collegially with other faculty members and staff in the department and across the campus
- Affirmation of the mission of Texas Lutheran University, a nationally-recognized institution of the liberal arts and sciences in the Lutheran tradition (ELCA)
- Doctorate in Nursing or related field
- Two (2) years or more of online teaching experience in higher education
- Computer literacy with online delivery systems such as eRacer/Blackboard
- Evidence of experience working with the requirements related to RN to BSN programs in Texas
- Evidence of experience working with the requirements related to continuing education activities for RNs in Texas
- ANA or other appropriate certification in specialty or APRN
- Evidence of experience in building and promoting community relationships, including developing student practicums in nursing
Salary and benefits are competitive. The Department of Nursing offers a baccalaureate degree in nursing with pre-licensure and RN to BSN tracks. Texas Lutheran University is located 35 miles from downtown San Antonio and approximately 45 miles from Austin. The ELCA’s 26 colleges and universities value and practice academic and religious freedom while preparing women and men for lives of leadership and service in a diverse world. Texas Lutheran University is a Hispanic Serving Institution. For more information, consult our website at www.tlu.edu.
All applicants must submit a detailed letter of interest addressing the job announcement in addition to vitae, a statement of teaching and nursing philosophy, official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended, and three professional references along with names/contact information for five references to:
Dr. Kathie Aduddell
Director, Department of Nursing
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court Street,
Seguin, Texas 78155-5999
Review of applications will begin December 3, 2014 and continue until the position is filled. This is a grant supported position. Only those applicants with complete files will be forwarded to the Search Committee for consideration. All hires contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screen test.