Texas Lutheran University invites applications for the position of Director of Career Development Services (CDS). This position is responsible for the administration and marketing of CDS for the University, including all career services offered to undergraduate and graduate students and alumni. The Director provides leadership, creativity, and vision for the program and is responsible for making recommendations to the Vice President of Student Life and Learning regarding the development of policies, budget, personnel and programs pertaining to career planning provided to TLU students. The advancement of career development as a retention tool for TLU students is a critical role of this position. Within that context, the Director is responsible for raising the visibility and reputation of TLU students and graduates to employers through effective marketing and networking techniques; developing and implementing strategies for CDS in accordance with the University’s mission; and providing leadership for the planning direction and administration of the overall operational functions.
TLU is improving and expanding its Career Development Services and Academic Advising programs by building an institutional structure to provide a seamless process and support system to help students answer questions regarding vocational interests and abilities, career and degree choices, and academic planning. This new structure will eventually lead to a Center on campus that will add value to the experiences of TLU students by contributing to the core mission of TLU, increasing the career mindedness of our students, facilitating the work of faculty and contributing to improved retention and graduation rates. This position is the lead hire for the CDS portion of this program and will be instrumental in building and implementing a framework to support students through the process of exploring/discerning, planning, practicing, and preparing.
The Director must be an innovative and a highly collaborative leader with the ability to purposefully facilitate strategic outreach, shape organizational development, and prioritize a wide array of projects. The position calls for a person who is entrepreneurial and able to cultivate productive relationships with employers, alumni and the campus community; manage and grow employer-relations and on-campus recruitment programs; and promote internship programs. Additionally the Director will collaborate and coordinate career programs with academic advising; faculty and academic departments; alumni and parent programs as well as other internal constituencies.
- Master’s Degree in Higher Education, Counseling, and/or Placement/Personnel field or related field
- Minimum five years’ experience within the Career Services in Higher Education
- Proven track record for developing, implementing, and directing a state-of-the-art Career Center
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas of collaboration, team participation, creative problem solving, decision making, and effectively interacting with diverse constituencies
- Demonstrated excellence in program development, marketing, and assessment
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills
Salary is competitive; benefits are excellent. The ELCA’s 26 colleges and universities value and practice academic and religious freedom while preparing women and men for lives of leadership and service in a diverse world. Texas Lutheran University is a Hispanic Serving Institution.For more information, consult our web site at http://www.tlu.edu. Please submit a letter of application addressing the above criteria, a resume, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references to:
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court Street
Seguin, TX 78155
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled with the anticipated start date of June 2015. Texas Lutheran University has been recognized as a “Great College to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education and also is on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll.The University is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and also is subject to the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). As part of a serious commitment to diversity, Texas Lutheran University encourages applications from women and minorities.
Texas Lutheran University invites applications for an Assistant Director of Annual Fund in our Development Office. This position will be responsible for planning and managing the annual student calling program and alumni relations events. Develops programs and provides administrative support and assistance to the directors of alumni relations and annual giving.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Assist the Executive Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Engagement with planning and managing an aggressive annual fund (Texas Lutheran Fund) program, including, direct mail appeals, e-solicitations student and parent giving, faculty/staff giving, young alumni, and student calling program.
- Manage and execute #TLUGreatGive and #GivingTuesday, two 24 hour online giving campaigns.
- Develop a system for tracking and evaluating the effectiveness of the program. Provide analytical report and recommendations at the conclusion of each initiative.
- Manage the Student calling program to include planning, hiring and reporting for Fall and Spring sessions.
- Plans, coordinates and executes the annual TLU Athletics Hall of Fame and Wall of Honor Ceremony during Homecoming each year.
- Make discovery and solicitation visits with prospective donors.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
- Previous experience in fundraising and/or events planning, is preferred
- Ability to work with diversity of alumni groups, ages, and interests
- Ability to effectively work with and manage others
- Must be willing and able to work outside of regular office hours
- Strong computer skills & ability to maintain confidentiality
Salary is competitive, and benefits are excellent. Texas Lutheran University, located 35 miles from downtown San Antonio in Seguin, is affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. The ELCA's 26 colleges and universities value and practice academic freedom and prepare women and men for lives of leadership and service in a diverse world.
Please submit a cover letter and completed TLU application (www.tlu.edu/employment) addressing the above criteria; a resume; and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three professional references to:
Texas Lutheran University, 1000 W. Court Street, Seguin, TX 78155
Fax: (830) 372-6409
Position is open until filled. The University is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and also is subject to the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). TLU hires only individuals authorized to work in the U.S. As part of a serious commitment to diversity, Texas Lutheran University encourages applications from women and minorities.