Texas Lutheran University is seeking applicants for a Graphic Designer for our Marketing Communications Department. This full-time position is responsible for creating marketing materials that align with TLU’s branding guidelines and standards.
Position requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design
- Minimum five years related experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of and experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Mac OS X
- Excellent attention to detail and copyediting skills
- Must be collaborative and willing to be part of a fast-paced team
- Must be able to take initiative and work independently, but ask questions and seek input
- Understanding of supporting devices such as scanners, printers, and removable media
- Knowledge of offset printing, digital printing, color separations, and preparation of electronic files for film output
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Understanding of and appreciation for a church-related university
Benefits are competitive. Texas Lutheran University, an accredited university affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, is located 35 miles from downtown San Antonio. For more information about TLU, consult our web site at www.tlu.edu. Please submit an application, a resume, and the contact information for at least three professional references to:
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court Street
Seguin, Texas 78155
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made. Texas Lutheran University has been recognized as a “Great College to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education and also is on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll. The University is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and also is subject to the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). Texas Lutheran University is committed to diversity.
Texas Lutheran University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Dr. Bernadette Buchanan, Title IX Coordinator, 830-372-8060. TLU's Title IX policies are outlined at www.tlu.edu/titleix.
For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.