|It makes a difference where you go to college!|
The Comparative Alumni Research, conducted on behalf of the Lutheran Educational Conference in North America
, which tracked changes between 1970-1989 grads and 1990-2000 grads, demonstrates how Lutheran Colleges continue to make an increasing difference in the lives of students, more so than flagship public institutions. Faith
Lutheran college alumni are more likely than public flagship alumni to report having faith and morality discussions integrated into their education. In addition, they are more likely to have been involved in church-related activities. This involvement seems to have translated into their current lives. Effectiveness
Now more than ever, Lutheran colleges offer more opportunities for leadership, mentoring, teamwork, and volunteerism. Rigor
Lutheran college alumni report a growing involvement with faculty in and out of the classroom. In addition, Lutheran college alumni are more likely than their public flagship counterparts to report that they benefited from quality, teaching-oriented faculty.
The survey also showed that, compared to alumni of large public universities, alumni of Lutheran colleges and universities are more likely to be:
- Involved with church or religious organizations
- Financially supportive of their churches
- Involved in the leadership of their churches
- Involved with foundations or non-profit organizations
- Involved with elementary or secondary schools
Check out why a lutheran college is a great place for every student!
Rev. Stan Meyer
Director of Church Relations
We provide our students with a high quality education in a community of faith, and we welcome people of all faiths to be part of our community as we explore life in the wondrous light of God’s grace.
Texas Lutheran University finds the Lutheran tradition of strong support for the liberal arts and a true fit within its mission, and the basis by which Martin Luther established the church. Because of our Lutheran heritage, founded by German and Scandinavian immigrants, and our relationship with the ELCA, we approach education by exploring vocation. We believe the purpose of higher education is to prepare leaders to serve in the world loved and created by God.
TLU interacts directly with congregations, creating an awareness of TLU's ministry and mission, as well as aid congregation members in understanding TLU's role in their congregation’s ministry. Our parishioners can feel proud to be part of something positively impacting the world around them by supporting TLU.
|Lutheran Advantage Scholarship|
TLU provides an educational experience that addresses the whole person – body, mind, and spirit while building on the Lutheran ideals of vocation and service. The TLU Lutheran Advantage Scholarship is designed to offer highly qualified Lutheran students the opportunity to continue their education in a challenging and nurturing faith-based environment.
Any Lutheran first-time, full-time freshman accepted for admission by June 1 or Lutheran first-time transfer student accepted by July 1 will be considered for the scholarship.
- Applicants should list church affiliation on the admissions application. The scholarship is renewable for up to an additional three years, provided the student maintains a 2.5 GPA.
- The Lutheran Advantage Scholarship is awarded in three levels based on academic criteria.
- Awards for freshmen applicants range up to $14,500 per year.
- For transfer applicants, the range is up to $10,500 per year.
- The Lutheran Advantage Scholarship may not be combined with academic distinction or academic honors scholarships, but may be awarded in addition to performance and participation awards.
Sign up to receive TLU Church Relations news!