Skip to Content

Vice President For Student Affairs

Meet Dr. Gourjoine M. Wade

The Vice President for Student Affairs, Dr. Gourjoine M. Wade, reports directly to TLU President Dr. Debbie Cottrell and is responsible for creating a living and learning community that enhances the overall student experience. The goal of Student Affairs is to ensure that students’ academic and co-curricular experiences reinforce one another to provider a deeper and more inclusive educational experience. Dr. Wade also manages the Associate VP for Student Affairs and the Dean of Students, and oversees the departments of advising support, student success and retention, career services, accessibility services, orientation, first-year, student transitions, campus programs, student health and wellness, campus living and dining, campus activities, student engagement, and servant leadership.

How Does Student Affairs Assist Students?

The search for answers to questions like, “What am I passionate about?” “What are my strengths and talents?” and “How can I match my passion with a career?” will take students out of the classroom and into a world of discovery and transformation.

Student Affairs knows that students learn everywhere and we take advantage of that at each opportunity. In fact, through Connect@TLU, students can track their activities and create their own co-curricular transcript—in addition to their academic transcript—to show potential employers or graduate schools how their campus involvement resulted in the development of leadership, communication and critical thinking skills, just to name a few.

TLU is a great place to find how your interests and passion inform your education and life's work. It is an exciting journey that the staff in Student Affairs help all Bulldogs navigate successfully.

More About Dr. Wade

Dr. Wade began his role as Vice President of Student Affairs in July 2021. He comes to TLU from Grambling State University in Louisiana, where he has served as associate vice president for student affairs and dean of students since 2017. He has also held a variety of student life positions at Alabama State University, Arkansas Baptist College, and Prairie View A&M University.

He holds a bachelor’s degree in public administration from Grambling State and master’s and doctoral degrees from Walden University in higher education administration and higher education leadership and management, respectively.

He is also a member of the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA), where he holds the Region III African American Knowledge Community Co-Representative position. Dr. Wade serves on the Conference Advisory Committee for the NASPA Conferences on Student Success in Higher Education and led Grambling State University’s efforts to successfully join the 2020 Cohort of the NASPA First Gen Forward Initiative.

Listed by digital leadership expert Dr. Josie Alhquist as one of the 40 Digital Leaders to Follow, Dr. Wade has been named a Higher Ed Digital Leader and serves as a member of the Student Affairs Digital Task Force, a national collective of social media and digital thought leaders in higher education. He was also a member of the 2017 Aspiring Vice Presidents for Student Affairs Cohort and was recognized by the HBCU Campaign Fund as a 2021 Emerging Higher Ed Professional.

Follow Dr. Wade On Social Media!

@DrGWadeSpeaks on Instagram & Twitter

Student Conduct Resources

Report an Academic Honesty Violation

Academic violations are behaviors that include, but are not limited to: cheating, copying another person’s assignment/lab report, quiz/test or plagiarism. General classroom misbehavior is considered a non-academic violation. To report academic misconduct, please use the Academic Dishonesty Form on MyTLU.

File a Complaint

A student that wants to file a complaint with the Dean of Students office describing the treatment, action or decision at issue and the remedy sought. Examples include, but are not limited to: concern, equal opportunity, general FYI, health/safety or parking. To report a Complaint, please use the File a Complaint Form.

Contact Us

Gourjoine M. Wade, Ed.D.

Do you have a question? Get in touch.