Texas Lutheran University is thrilled to announce its highly anticipated Homecoming weekend, set to take place on October 20-21, 2023. Themed to superheroes and comics, this year's homecoming festivities promise to be bigger and better, offering an array of engaging events that will bring together alumni, students, faculty, and the Seguin community.
The highlight of the weekend will be the Bulldog Paw-looza, a family-friendly event that celebrates school spirit and the bond between past and current Bulldogs. Attendees can look forward to a day filled with family activities, live music, beer garden, food trucks, and a pumpkin patch for the little ones. Bulldog Paw-looza will be a wonderful opportunity for alumni, students, and community members to come together and create unforgettable memories.
Taking place on October 20 at Starcke Park is the TLU Golf Tournament. Golf enthusiasts are invited to participate in this friendly competition, showcasing their skills while enjoying a day on the beautiful Starcke Park greens. The tournament promises excitement, camaraderie, and the chance to win prizes.
In addition to the TLU Golf Tournament and Bulldog Paw-looza, weekend events will also include a Homecoming Chapel Service, reunion lunches, and the Bulldog Tailgate which will bring together the entire TLU community before the Bulldogs take on East Texas Baptist.
New this year will be the inaugural Off the Leash - Bulldog 5k and the TLU Homecoming Pickleball Tournament. The Off the Leash - Bulldog 5k will be a fun race taking participants on a scenic route through the TLU campus. Runners and walkers of all skill levels are invited to join this exciting event, promoting health, wellness, and TLU spirit. The TLU Homecoming Pickleball Tournament will provide participants with a competitive experience amongst Bulldogs. Whether you're a seasoned player or new to the game of pickleball, participants will have the opportunity to showcase their skills while competing for the first-ever TLU Homecoming Pickleball championship.
"We are incredibly excited to welcome our alumni, students, and community members back to Texas Lutheran University for this year's homecoming celebration," said Gaby Alvarado, director of alumni relations. "These events are designed to foster a sense of unity, school pride, and fun while creating lasting memories for everyone involved. We can't wait to see familiar faces, make new connections, and celebrate the rich traditions of TLU."
Mark your calendars for October 20-21, 2023, and join us for an unforgettable weekend of homecoming festivities at Texas Lutheran University. For more information, including registration and a complete schedule of events, please visit www.tlu.edu/homecoming2023. We look forward to seeing you there!
MORE EVENT INFORMATION
Thursday, October 19, 2023
- Basketball Bulldog Bash | 7:30 p.m. | Memorial Gym
Friday, October 20, 2023
- TLU Homecoming 2023 Pickleball Tournament | 9 a.m. | Seguin-Saegert Pickleball Complex
- TLU Homecoming Golf Tournament | 11:30 a.m. | Starcke Park
- Bulldog Business Investment Presentation with Brad Webb | 1 p.m. | Dunne Conference Center
- Biology Seminar by Allison Gorrebeeck, M.D. '96 | 1 p.m. | Moody Science Room 101
- Presidential Wine & Cheese | 3 - 4 p.m. | President's House
- Bulldog Paw-looza | 4 – 10 p.m.| Library/Chapel Lawn
Saturday, October 21, 2023
- Off the Leash - Bulldog 5k | 8:30 a.m. | Alumni Student Center | Register for 5k here.
- Breakfast with the President | 9 – 10:30 a.m.| Library/Chapel Lawn
- SPiRIT Poster Expo | 9:30-11am | Alumni Student Center Commons
- Homecoming Chapel Service | 10 – 10:30 a.m. | Chapel of the Abiding Presence
- Women's Alumni Basketball Game | 10 a.m. | Memorial Gym
- Men's Alumni Basketball Game | 11:30 a.m. | Memorial Gym
- Golden Group Lunch | 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. | Timmerman
- 40th Reunion Lunch | 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. | Suehs
- Bulldog Tailgate | 12 p.m. – 4 p.m. | Jackson Park
- Women’s Volleyball Alumni Game | 12 p.m. | Memorial Gym
- 50th Year Reunion | 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.| Timmerman
- Hall of Fame & Wall of Honor Ceremony | 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. | Jackson Auditorium
- Theology and Philosophy Reunion | 2-4 p.m. | Dunne Conference Room, Tschoepe Hall
- Bulldog Football Game | 4 p.m. | Bulldog Stadium
*Schedule subject to change
Purchase your official Homecoming 2023 t-shirt and/or superhero cape here.
*Schedule subject to change
TownePlace Suites by Marriott
Bulldogs, we’ve partnered with TownePlace Suites by Marriott in Seguin to offer you a discounted room rate of just $109 per night during Homecoming 2023! Click here to reserve your stay now!
TLU Bookstore Homecoming Hours
Friday, October 20 | 8:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday, October 21 | 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.