Our priority is to share information on the developments around COVID-19 in a timely manner to ensure the health and safety of our community. If you have any questions that have not been addressed, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.tlu.edu/covid-update for the latest information as well as previous campus updates.
Here is the daily update regarding TLU’s response to COVID-19 for Monday, March 23.
- The President’s Cabinet is meeting today to develop a new staff work plan that reduces the number of staff on campus and moves to a work-from-home arrangement for some employees. Faculty will be able to come to campus but are encouraged to work from home if possible.
- Access to Academic Buildings: As stated in previous campus updates, academic buildings will be accessible from 8 am to 5 pm Monday-Friday, but those hours do not apply to the Library. The Library is open from 10 am to 2 pm Tuesday-Friday this week for TLU faculty, staff, and students who are on campus. You must show your TLU ID to gain access.
- Front Row with Verne Lundquist and Bill Raftery on April 23 has been canceled. The Development office has been in contact with table sponsors who have decided to donate their table purchases to support TLU Athletics. We are very grateful to all of our donors for their generosity and understanding during this unusual time. We will announce net proceeds for the event at a later date.
- The TLU blood drive scheduled for Tuesday, March 24, TLU has been canceled.
- Access to residence halls and campus apartments: Students should not return to campus during the extended spring break. Residence halls and apartments are accessible for students who are unable to return home but everyone else should remain at home. We will be providing more information regarding residence halls.
- President Cottrell to host Live stream Town Hall Meetings: Please plan to join President Cottrell in upcoming live stream town hall meetings, so that you can learn what steps TLU has already taken in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and have an opportunity to ask questions as we prepare to move into our online learning environment. A virtual town hall for faculty and staff will take place on Thursday, March 26, at 11 am, and a virtual town hall for students will be held on Friday, March 27 (time TBD). Dr. Cottrell looks forward to being in touch with you in this way and keeping our community bonds strong during this time. Information on how to connect to the live stream meetings will be sent out next week.
Be safe and well,
TLU Safety and Emergency Management Committee