Though today is a holiday at TLU, we thought it would be helpful to send an update to make sure everyone has the most recent information on our work and planning. Since the COVID-19 situation is changing daily, and sometimes hourly, our priority is to share information in a timely manner to ensure the health and safety of our community. If you have any questions that have not been addressed, please email them to email@example.com. Visit www.tlu.edu/covid-update for the latest information as well as previous campus updates.
Here is the daily update regarding TLU’s response to COVID-19 for Friday, March 20.
- Texas Governor’s Declaration: We are following the direction issued in the Texas Governor’s declaration yesterday calling for schools, bars, clubs, and gyms to close and for restaurants to offer only to-go service. As a reminder, we will be implementing the following changes:
- President Cottrell has announced Monday, March 23, will be a TLU holiday to give the President’s Cabinet time to prepare a new staff work plan.
- On Monday afternoon, we will be announcing a new staffing arrangement that reduces the number of staff on campus and moves to a work-from-home arrangementfor some employees.Faculty will be able to come to campus but are encouraged to work from home if possible.
- The TLU Fitness Center is closed until April 3. (Though we are encouraging everyone to find safe ways to exercise and stay healthy during this time!)
- Reminder on access to residence halls and campus apartments: Students should not return to campus during the extended spring break. Residence halls and apartments are accessible for students who are unable to return home but everyone else should remain at home. We will be providing more information early next week regarding access to residence halls.
- President Cottrell to host Livestream Town Hall Meetings: Please plan to join President Cottrell in upcoming livestream town hall meetings, so that you can learn what steps TLU has already taken in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and have an opportunity to ask questions as we prepare to move into our online learning environment. A virtual town hall for faculty and staff will take place on Thursday, March 26, at 11 am, and a virtual town hall for students will be held on Friday, March 27 (time TBD). Dr. Cottrell looks forward to being in touch with you in this way and keeping our community bonds strong during this time. Information on how to connect to the livestream meetings will be sent out next week.
We hope you enjoy the four-day weekend. We will be back in touch with another campus update on Monday.
Be safe and well,
TLU Safety and Emergency Management Committee