Since the COVID-19 situation is changing daily, and sometimes hourly, our priority is to share information in a timely manner to ensure the health and safety of our community. If you have any questions that have not been addressed, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.tlu.edu/covid-update for the latest information as well as previous campus updates.
Here is the daily update regarding TLU’s response to COVID-19 for Thursday, March 19.
- Reminder on access to residence halls and campus apartments: Students should not return to campus during the extended spring break. Residence halls and apartments are accessible for students who are unable to return home but everyone else should remain at home. We will be providing more information next week regarding access to residence halls.
- University events: The following University events have been postponed or canceled. A list of cancellations or events to be rescheduled is available here: www.tlu.edu/news/additional-event-cancellations-as-of-march-18/. If you have an event that has been canceled or postponed and is not listed, please email email@example.com.
- Dramatic Media has postponed the productions of Keely and Du and Endgame. Prof. Dave Legore is hoping to reschedule these events before the completion of the spring semester and encourages patrons to check our Dramatic Media page for the most up-to-date information.
- All TLU Music recitals have been canceled until April 8.
- Bulldog Bound, an event for admitted students, set for April 18 has been canceled. The Admissions team is in the process of creating virtual events for admitted students and their families as well as high school juniors who are starting or continuing their college search.
- Admissions updates: The Office of Admissions will extend the May 1 enrollment deposit deadline to June 1 for incoming students. TLU understands that incoming students and their families may need additional time and support to finalize the college enrollment process.
- Library clarification: The Library is open from 10 am to 2 pm next week for faculty, staff, and students (those who are unable to return home) who need to access resources for class preparation. Faculty, staff, and students will need to show their TLU ID at the front desk before entering. The Library is not open to the public.
- President Cottrell to host Livestream Town Hall Meetings: Please plan to join President Cottrell in upcoming livestream town hall meetings, so that you can learn what steps TLU has already taken in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and have an opportunity to ask questions as we prepare to move into our online learning environment. A virtual town hall for faculty and staff will take place on Thursday, March 26, at 11 am, and a virtual town hall for students will be held on Friday, March 27 (time TBD). Dr. Cottrell looks forward to being in touch with you in this way and keeping our community bonds strong during this time. Information on how to connect to the Livestream meetings will be sent out next week.
- Coronavirus information from Blue Cross Blue Shield: Director for Human Resources Toi Turner has shared the attached flier, "Coronavirus and What it Means," from BCBS for everyone’s reference. It is available in English and Spanish.
Tomorrow is a university holiday so we don’t anticipate sending out an update unless circumstances warrant it. We will be back in touch with another campus update on Monday.
Be safe and well,
TLU Safety and Emergency Management Committee