Since the COVID-19 situation is changing daily, and sometimes hourly, our priority is to share information in a timely manner to ensure the health and safety of our community. If you have any questions that have not been addressed, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.tlu.edu/covid-update for the latest information as well as previous campus updates.
Here is the daily update regarding TLU’s response to COVID-19 for Wednesday, March 18.
- Guidance regarding social distancing and interaction with TLU Nursing student who was in direct contact with person who tested positive for COVID-19:
- Because our Nursing student had direct contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, she is self-quarantining from the exposure date, Thursday, March 12, until Thursday, March 26. She is taking her temperature twice daily and reporting results to hospital staff (where she was doing clinicals) and TLU staff and remains asymptomatic.
- TLU staff and students who were in extended contact with the student (eating lunch with her, meeting with her) have been notified and are distancing themselves from the rest of the campus or working from home until Thursday, March 26.
- Community Music Academy (CMA): CMA has also extended its spring break and will not hold classes or lessons until April 8.
- TLU Spring Choir Tour: The Choir tour scheduled for Austin, Fredericksburg, and a home concert at the TLU Chapel has been canceled. As of now, the home concert has been rescheduled for April 21.
- IT system maintenance: MyTLU will be unavailable Wednesday, March 18, from 5:30 to 9 pm for routine system maintenance. Email will still be available.
We will be sending out another daily update tomorrow.
Be safe and well,
TLU Safety and Emergency Management Committee