Here is the daily update regarding TLU’s response to COVID-19. If you have any questions that have not been addressed, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.tlu.edu/covid-update for the latest information as well as previous campus updates.
- Coronavirus exposure: During their regular clinicals at a San Antonio hospital last week, three TLU nursing students were exposed to a hospital intern who has since tested positive for coronavirus. The students are asymptomatic and have had minimal interaction with other students and staff, and they will self-quarantine at home. TLU Nursing is working with the San Antonio hospital to schedule coronavirus testing for the three students.
- Staff self-quarantining: We have a few staff members who have traveled to places that have confirmed cases of coronavirus; while these employees are asymptomatic, they have decided to self-quarantine for 14 days. We support their decision and encourage other employees and students to do the same as needed.
- Access to academic buildings: For the reminder of this week, students will have card access to all academic facilities from 8 am to 5 pm. Access ends at 5 pm to allow for additional cleaning by our Facilities staff.
- CDC guidelines: We are following the CDC’s recommendation to cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 50 or more people for the next 8 weeks.
- TLU guidelines concerning guests on campus: Our campus remains open for essential operations, but we are discouraging staff from inviting prospective students, their families, and guests to campus.
- Admissions and recruiting: The admissions team has canceled group visits, TLU Preview, and is not hosting individual visitors at this time. Admissions is using this week to prepare videos and other multi-media content to offer admitted students and prospective students a virtual visit experience. Students and their families will also be invited to register for Zoom meetings with their admissions representative.
- SACSCOC notification: SACSCOC has given permission to schools to increase their online classes in the current environment, and TLU has provided our notification that we are moving forward with online classes.
We will have another meeting and daily update on Tuesday, March 17. If you have questions in the meantime, please send them to email@example.com.
Thank you for your attention to these details and for working with us through these unusual circumstances. Please stay safe and well!
TLU Safety and Emergency Management Committee