Here is the latest information and reminders for TLU faculty, staff, and students for Monday, April 20. If you have a question that has not been addressed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit tlu.edu/semc for the latest information as well as previous campus updates.
- Room and board adjustments: Room and board adjustments for eligible students will show on the student’s account by Thursday, April 23, with refund checks being mailed to students with a credit balance after the adjustments have been applied by April 30. Students will receive notification through their TLU e-mail address once checks have been mailed.
- Online registration extended: For students who have been cleared by their advisor, the online registration period for summer and fall has been extended and will remain open until Thursday, April 30, 11:59pm. During that period, changes can be made for any of the following terms: May, Summer A, Summer B, and Fall.
- Housing sign-up for 2020-2021 opens today:The housing application for 2020-2021 will be available for students beginning today. Priority sign-up will run from April 20-May 3. The application will be found on the Residence Life page of My.TLU.EDU. For more details about the process please refer to the email that was sent out last week. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
IMPORTANT FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS:
- Emergency Aid Application: TLU will receive funds from the federal government specifically designed to help students with unexpected expenses related to COVID-19. We have mailed the COVID-19 Emergency Aid Application to all currently enrolled students (Please make sure your name and ID number are on all pages and don’t forget to physically sign the application). Students are eligible to apply even if you have not completed the 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Funds are limited and awards will be prioritized to the neediest students on a first-come, first-served basis. Students will be notified through their TLU e-mail address once their application has been processed and the check has been mailed. We will start disbursing the funds once they have been received from the government, which is expected to be in the near future.
- 2020-21 Financial Aid & Special Circumstances: If you have not yet filed a FAFSA, we encourage you to do so immediately at studentaid.gov. Students who have not filed in the past are also encouraged to apply. All students whose parents/spouse have lost jobs or taken a reduction in pay are then encouraged to submit a Special Circumstance Request located on MyTLU.
- Student Financial Services: Please contact Student Financial Services at 830-372-8010 or StudentFinancialServices@tlu.edu if you have questions about emergency aid or special circumstances.
- The TLU Faculty Association approved a change in the grading policy for the spring semester: All spring 2020 graded courses will use an A, B, C, D, or No Credit (NC) grading scale. No grades of F will be given. Additionally, TLU will provide the option to all students to select a Credit/No Credit grading option for each of their classes prior to April 29 at 11:59 pm. The Registrar’s office emailed information last week about when and how students can make self-elected changes to the grading scale for their spring classes.
- Summer classes: Please note that the grading policy will revert to our usual policy. More than 65 classes are on the summer schedule at a rate of $370 per credit hour. This provides students an opportunity to take classes at a lower rate than in the long semesters. As a reminder, Mayterm will be offered online, Summer A will be offered online, and Summer B will be offered with both online and face-to-face courses, assuming health guidelines allow that.
- The ASC is open Monday-Friday from 8 am to 5 pm and is closed on the weekends.
Don’t forget to check out #StayHomeTLU on Instagram and Twitter. Post your photos and help us stay connected!
TLU Safety and Emergency Response Committee