Here is the latest information and reminders for TLU faculty, staff, and students for Thursday, April 16. If you have a question that has not been addressed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit www.tlu.edu/covid-update for the latest information as well as previous campus updates.
- Student Financial Services Update: Please contact Student Financial Services at 830-372-8010 or StudentFinancialServices@tlu.edu if you have any questions.
- Room and Board Adjustments: Student Financial Services is in the process of creating room and board adjustments for eligible students. We expect these adjustments to show on the student’s account by the middle of next week with refund checks being mailed to students with a credit balance after the adjustments have been applied by April 30. Students will receive notification through their TLU e-mail address once checks have been mailed.
- Emergency Aid Application: While we have not yet received the funds from the government for this program, we will mail the COVID-19 Emergency Aid Application to all currently enrolled students today. Students who have unexpected expenses related to COVID-19 are eligible to apply even if you have not completed the 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Funds are limited and awards will be prioritized to the neediest students on a first-come, first-served basis. Students will be notified through their TLU e-mail address once their application has been processed and the check has been mailed. We will start disbursing the funds once they have been received.
- 2020-21 Financial Aid & Special Circumstances: If you have not yet filed a FAFSA, we encourage you to do so immediately at studentaid.gov. Students who have not filed in the past are also encouraged to apply. All students whose parents/spouse have lost jobs or taken a reduction in pay are then encouraged to submit a Special Circumstance Request located on MyTLU.
- Class Ring Update: As communicated a few weeks ago, the TLU Class Ring Ceremony scheduled for April 17 was canceled. Balfour, the Austin-based factory that makes the class rings, is closed until April 30 and possibly longer depending on stay-at-home directives. Once they are back in operation, we will have a better idea of when the rings should arrive at TLU, and students will be notified when the rings are shipped to them. Because we want to honor the Class Ring Ceremony tradition and because of the unknowns associated with when the rings will be ready, we want anyone that ordered a ring this year to plan on celebrating this tradition with us at the Spring 2021 Class Ring Ceremony in April in Jackson Auditorium. If you have any questions regarding your class ring, please email Taylor Collins at email@example.com.
THIS WEEK’S UPDATES IN REVIEW:
- The TLU Faculty Association has now approved a change in the grading policy for the spring semester. All spring 2020 graded courses will use an A, B, C, D, or No Credit (NC) grading scale. No grades of F will be given. Additionally, TLU will provide the option to all students to select a Credit/No Credit grading option for each of their classes prior to April 29 at 11:59 pm. The Registrar’s office will be sending out more information in the coming days about when and how students can make self-elected changes to the grading scale for their spring classes.
- Regarding summer classes, please note that the grading policy will revert to our usual policy. More than 65 classes are on the summer schedule at a rate of $370 per credit hour. This provides students an opportunity to take classes at a lower rate than in the long semesters. As a reminder, May term will be offered online, Summer A will be offered online, and Summer B will be offered with both online and face-to-face courses, assuming health guidelines allow that.
- Housing sign-up for 2020-2021: The housing application for 2020-2021 will be available for students beginning Monday, April 20. Priority sign-up will run from April 20-May 3. The application will be found on the Residence Life page of MyTLU. For more details about the process please refer to the email that was sent out yesterday. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The ASC is open Monday-Friday from 8 am to 5 pm and is closed on the weekends.
HELPFUL RESOURCES AND LINKS FROM THE TEXAS DSHS AND CDC:
The CDC has added a helpful and informative symptom self-checker online tool to its “What to do if you are sick,” page. Click Here To View the New Tool
Don’t forget to check out #StayHomeTLU on Instagram and Twitter. Post your photos and help us stay connected!
TLU Safety and Emergency Response Committee