Here is the latest information and reminders for TLU faculty, staff, and students for Wednesday, April 15. If you have a question that has not been addressed, please email email@example.com. You may also visit www.tlu.edu/covid-update
for the latest information as well as previous campus updates.
- The TLU Faculty Association has now approved a change in the grading policy for the spring semester. All spring 2020 graded courses will use an A, B, C, D, or No Credit (NC) grading scale. No grades of F will be given. Additionally, TLU will provide the option to all students to select a Credit/No Credit grading option for each of their classes prior to April 29 at 11:59 pm. The Registrar’s office will be sending out more information in the coming days about when and how students can make self-elected changes to the grading scale for their spring classes.
- Regarding summer classes, please note that the grading policy will revert to our usual policy. More than 65 classes are on the summer schedule at a rate of $370 per credit hour. This provides students an opportunity to take classes at a lower rate than in the long semesters. As a reminder, May term will be offered online, Summer A will be offered online, and Summer B will be offered with both online and face-to-face courses, assuming health guidelines allow that.
- Housing sign-up for 2020-2021: The housing application for 2020-2021 will be available for students beginning Monday, April 20. Priority sign-up will run from April 20-May 3. The application will be found on the Residence Life page of MyTLU. For more details about the process please refer to the email that was sent out yesterday. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
REMINDERS FOR THIS WEEK:
- The ASC is open Monday-Friday from 8 am to 5 pm and is closed on the weekends.
- CARES Act – Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds: Funds have been set aside for the Education Stabilization Fund through the CARES Act for the Higher Education Relief Fund (HEERF). These funds will be available to students who have been disadvantaged by COVID-19. Student Financial Services is working on an Emergency Aid Application to send to students to gain more information on individual situations to determine eligibility. Please keep an eye out for an email from Student Financial Services with more information and the application later this week. These funds are separate from and in addition to the room and board refunds that TLU will be distributing to students by the end of this month.
- Registration and Holds: Registration begins today. In light of the financial challenges that some of our students and their families are facing, Student Financial Services has temporarily lifted the registration holds on students with balances so that all students will be able to register this week. We encourage students to pay their spring bills as soon as possible. Please contact Student Financial Services at 830-372-8010 or StudentFinancialServices@tlu.edu if you have any questions.
- Recordings of President Cottrell’s livestream Town Hall meetings are available to view on TLU’s YouTube channel for those who miss the live meetings. Click Here To Watch
HELPFUL RESOURCES AND LINKS FROM THE TEXAS DSHS AND CDC:
The CDC has added a helpful and informative symptom self-checker online tool to its “What to do if you are sick,” page. Click Here To View the New Tool
TLU Safety and Emergency Response Committee