TLU's Office Of Residence Life has adopted a "Stop & Drop" process in a two-part strategy to streamline the move-in process for both new and returning students.
Stop & Drop is an option for residents to drop off personal items in their room before the official new student move in on Friday, August 21 and returning student move in on Monday, August 24. The process will run from Friday, August 14 through Wednesday, August 19.
While the Stop & Drop move-in is not required, it is strongly encouraged to reduce person-to-person interaction and support physical distancing during the move-in process. Residents unable to participate in the Stop & Drop move-in process will move into their room on their assigned move-in day.
How Will It Work?
- Each student will choose a 90-minute time slot for the day they want to come to campus. You must select your time slot 24 hours in advance.
- Each student will get an email confirmation from Residence Life stating approval of the chosen time/date. Do not come to campus without receiving this confirmation.
- Each student may bring no more than two (2) helpers who are 16 years of age or older to help during the 90-minute time slot. After 90 minutes, students must leave and not return to campus until their official check in date. Under no circumstances will students be allowed to move-in early as a part of this process.
- Rooms will be unlocked before you arrive and locked when you leave by the Residence Life staff. Students will receive their room key during their official check in date.
- Masks must be worn during the entire duration of the move-in.
All new students arriving on Friday, August 21 will still go through the traditional university check-in process, regardless of whether or not they have participated in the Stop & Drop process.
Our community's safety is our priority. We continue to monitor public health and will make changes to our fall plan as necessary.
Learn more about daily self-screening, testing, contact tracing and the health and safety pledge we make as a community.
Residence hall information for new students or those who are returning to campus this fall.
Guidelines and protocols for students who have been exposed or in close contact with someone who has COVID-19.