In Memoriam for 6/19/20 – 11/9/20
- Willie Mae Murphree Bronstad - Class of 1941 - July 13, 2020 - Granbury, TX
- Norma Grimm Stollewerk – 1944 Alum (non-degree) - July 14, 2020 - Seguin, TX
- Wilbert E. Doerr - Class of 1945 - July 16, 2020 - Seguin, TX
- Rose Marie Turner - Class of 1945 - July 11, 2020 - Seguin, TX
- Alvin "Al" Briesemeister Jr. - Class of 1945 - July 19, 2020 - Enid, OK
- James Owen Bronstad - Class of 1947 - July 28, 2020 - Granbury, TX
- Rev. James Heineke - Class of 1947 - October 5, 2020 - San Antonio, TX
- Jean Gohmert – 1948 Alum (non-degree) - July 25, 2020 - Yorktown, TX
- Lorraine Flint –1950 Alum (non-degree) - October 3, 2020 - Taylor, TX
- Betty Bauch - Class of 1951 - February 3, 2020 - Victoria, TX
- Geraldine L. Rall - Class of 1952 - April 16, 2020 - Davenport, IA
- Maurice Hilbert - Class of 1953 - July 15, 2020 - Seguin, TX
- Stanley K. Horwood – 1953 Alum (non-degree) - August 8, 2020 - Sterling City, TX
- Dorothy Albrecht - Class of 1954 - August 31, 2020 - Goliad, TX
- Arthur Ray Mahavier - Class of 1954 - June 20, 2020 - San Antonio, TX
- Joyce Graumann - Class of 1955 - November 2, 2020 - Corpus Christi, TX
- Audrey Ann Kruger Magnuson – 1957 Alum (non-degree) - September 16, 2020 - Portland, OR
- Elroy Hoffer – 1957 Alumn (non-degree) - September 7, 2020 - Seguin, TX
- Clifford Miller - 1957 Alum (non-degree) - July 30, 2020 - Austin, TX
- Dudley Baker III – 1957 Alum (non-degree) - July 14, 2020 - Austin, TX
- Ernest Howard Wilson - Class of 1958 - September 16, 2020 - Marion, TX
- Dianne Schoss - Class of 1959 - August 20, 2020 - Austin, TX
- Gene Fuchs - Class of 1959 - August 29, 2020 - Round Rock, TX
- Esther Elizabeth Streng Staats - Class of 1960 - October 3, 2020 - Baton Rouge, LA
- Virginia Rose Flathmann - Class of 1960 - September 12, 2020 - Victoria, TX
- Frances Marth Richburg - Class of 1960 - October 23, 2020 - Sweetwater, TX
- Roger Wayne Harris - Class of 1961 - July 21, 2020 - Austin, TX
- Marvin Valentin Strey - Class of 1962 - November 3, 2020 - Cedar Park, TX
- Rawley Johnson - Class of 1963 - August 17, 2020 - San Antonio, TX
- Harvey August Adolph Bongers - Class of 1966 - October 17, 2020 - Cypress, TX
- Dale R. Cohrs – 1967 Alum (non-degree) - August 27, 2020 - Round Rock, TX
- Janis L. Petrich - Class of 1971 - March 11, 2020 - San Antonio, TX
- H. Larry Foster - Class of 1977 - July 2, 2020 - San Antonio, TX
- Nela Kay Amerine - Class of 1983 - June 18, 2020 - San Antonio, TX
- Annalisa Cook - Class of 1984 - August 9, 2020 - O'Fallon, IL
- Rickey “Rick" Lucero - Class of 1987 - July 2, 2020 - Victorville, CA
- James Otto Johnson - Class of 1987 - October 3, 2020 - Greenville, NC
- William "Ricky" Hastings - Class of 1990 - April 21, 2020 - San Antonio, TX
- John M. Nash III - Class of 1993 - August 8, 2020 - Seguin, TX
- Billy Roland "Tre" DeLoach III - Class of 1993 - October 4, 2020 - San Antonio, TX
In Memoriam – Friends
- Verlene Citzler - April 29, 2020 - La Grange, TX
- Dr. Jennifer Jordan - May 29, 2020 - Dallas, TX
- Fred L. Pierdolla Jr. - August 10, 2020 - La Vernia, TX
Dr. Richard Burmeister ’68 spent 48 years in Alaska, and is currently in the process of moving to Queen Creek, AZ. Richard and his wife Janet are building a new home there. They are looking forward to more sun and no ice.
Chuck Boyd ’72 and his wife Susan both retired in 2007 and have spent the last 13 years traveling the US, Canada and Alaska in their RV. They are both involved in national and local dog rescue and have transported up to 7 dogs in their RV to other states. This November they celebrate 30 years of marriage. Following military service (officer) and TLC, Chuck taught high school for 3 years before moving into management and then building a company from the ground up. During this time he has been helping veterans across the US as a Veteran Service Officer.
Charles (Chuck) Powell ‘70 and his wife Kathleen celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on August 23rd. They live in Fort Pierce, Florida. Charles is a professor emeritus with the University of Florida and still goes into work twice a week.
Mary Limb Fendel ’74 retired from teaching in public school in 2007 and has since been teaching Down Syndrome Adults in nonprofit schools. Due to COVID-19, Mary has retired for the second time.
Lynn Schrader Doiron ’78 recently retired from Duval County Public Schools in Florida, after a 41 year teaching career.
Richard Lehman ’80 retired after over 32 years at Delta Air Lines. After graduating from TLC, Richard entered the USAF for 8 years where he flew F-15s and OA-37s. He was hired by Delta in 1988 and later also joined the Louisiana Air National guard flying F-15s for 4 years. At Delta he flew the Boeing 727, 757, 767, and 777. Richard is married to Linda (Terry) '81 and they celebrated 40 years of marriage this year. Their daughter Jenny Lehman (Turner) graduated TLU in 2003. Drew, their son, graduated Auburn University and is also a Delta pilot. (Pictured are Richard and son Drew, also a pilot at Delta, on one of their trips together).
Timothy Gantner ’91 retired in January of 2019 after 24 years as a US Probation Officer. Timothy has been married for 26 years and has two sons, Michael (22) and Matthew (20).
Carrie Sanford ’94 married Benjamin Kolodziej of Plano at Zion Lutheran Church in Dallas on November 24, 2019. Carrie and Benjamin met at Lord of Life Lutheran Church in Plano, where Benjamin was the organist and music director and Carrie sang alto in the choir. Naturally, their wedding featured a lot of music, including hymn verses and anthems sang by a choir of their church friends. Among other pieces, the wedding choir sang Paul Christiansen's "Send Forth Thy Light," an arrangement of "Create in Me a Clean Heart" that was a favorite of Carrie's from her time singing under the direction of Dr. Sigurd Christiansen in the TLU choir.
Courtney Luebben ’96 has been promoted to Development Officer for the Good Samaritan Society Foundation.
Tasasha Kelly Tell ‘01 was nominated by AT&T for the Technology Rising Star Award in STEM. Tasasha won the award and will be recognized in Detroit this fall at the Women of Color STEM Conference alongside other talented women from across the nation.
Kanetra “Kiki” Hights ’04 was recently named the first ever Manager of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Engagement for Goodwill Central Texas and will now be located in the Austin, TX area.
Charles “Chip” Russell ’09 recently graduated from Virginia Theological Seminary with a Masters in Divinity.
Anthony and Becky Fogal Curtis ’10 gave birth to Reagan Emily Curtis on 12/22/2019.
Esteban E. Garcia Jr ’11 recently graduated from Texas A&M-Kingsville with his Doctorate of Pharmacy, Magnum Cum Laude. He is currently pursuing a pharmacy residency at Baylor Scott & White Hospital in Temple, TX and participates as a clinical instructor with Texas A&M. He is married to Sara Gonzalez ‘09.
Joshua ’12 and Brittany Hyatt Tesch ’11 welcomed Emerie Gene Tesch to their family on June 23, 2020.
Jacob and Allison Clark Brune ’14 welcomed Lois Autumn Brune to their family on October 24.
Timothy ’14 and Ashley Buhrts Cannalichio ’14 welcomed Audrey Rae Canalichio into their family on April 3, 2020, at 6lbs 15 oz. and 19.25 inches long.
Deana ZuberHero ’15 and her husband recently moved to Morocco. Deana was offered a music teaching position at the Rabat American School in Rabat, Morocco for the next two years.
Jennifer McCoskey ’15 is engaged to her wonderful fiancé, Justin, and they will be getting married in Jamaica on April 24, 2021. Jennifer is the Executive Director for Boys & Girls Clubs of Champion Valley. She is the immediate Past President for Rotary Club of Weimar and is the Assistant Governor for Washington County Rotary and Sealy Rotary. She is also on the Rotary District 5890 District Governor Nominating Committee. Jennifer is the first Rotarian from Weimar to be an Assistant Governor and to be on a district committee for Rotary District 5890.
Wade Martin ’16 and wife Candice welcomed the birth of their second beautiful daughter, Charleigh June Martin on October 22, 2016. Both are pleased to announce that they are expecting again. This time a little boy, due to be born right after the first of the year.