Transitioning into university life is challenging, and TLU’s orientation is designed to help students meet that challenge
What Is Bulldog Orientation?
Bulldog Orientation Bulldog Orientation is a three-day program that takes place during move-in weekend, designed to give students the best possible start to a successful TLU education.
Most of all, it's an opportunity to meet new people, adjust to a new home, develop friendships, and become involved in a new community. Research shows that students who attend orientation programs are more likely to stay in college, be satisfied with their college experiences, get better grades and graduate.
For a detailed schedule and more information to prepare for move-In, Bulldog Orientation, and starting classes, visit programs.tlu.edu/bulldog-orientation.
Move-In & Orientation Highlights
Move-In: Friday, August 21
Bulldog Orientation: August 21-23
Transitioning To A New Environment
- Attend the matriculation ceremony and officially sign in as a TLU student! (Friday)
- Move into your room and start making your new space your own. (Friday)
- Friday, begin Bulldog Orientation! Meet your Bulldog Orientation group, get your Bulldog Orientation schedule, and let the fun begin!
- Learn your way around the TLU campus and check out the services and programs available to you.
- Discover the opportunities of campus life and learn how to become involved both in and out of the classroom.
Preparing For Academic Responsibilities & Social Opportunities
- Meet new friends and learn more about yourself through fun activities.
- Get to know the TLU faculty as they participate in Bulldog Orientation activities with you.
- Learn how to maximize your college experience by discussing essential elements that lead to academic success.
- Begin to establish important relationships that will lay the foundation for a great TLU experience.
Parent & Family Info Sessions
TLU knows that this can be an exciting and challenging time for the entire family, so we offer Parent and Family Information Sessions after check in/move in.
Friday, August 21, 2020
- Meet with faculty and staff.
- Hear from and talk with other families who have shared and are sharing the same transitional experience.
- Discover issues relevant to students entering the TLU community.
- Obtain information and tips to support your new Bulldog during this time of transition.
Check out the Parent tab on MyTLU for a schedule and more information.
Alumni & Family Weekend
Your student has been exploring so much since arriving at TLU. Join us for Alumni & Family Weekend to learn what your student has been up to, TLU traditions and how to make the best of your student's experience!
Events take place during Alumni & Family Weekend celebrations each fall.
October 2 & 3, 2020
- Meet the Vice President and Dean of Student Life and Learning for a Q&A session and to hear about what's been happening on campus.
- Visit various TLU offices and learn what services they provide. Make sure to get your Family Weekend passport stamped at every stop.
- Enjoy refreshments with TLU's President.
- Young alumni return to talk about their time at TLU.
- Learn to navigate the TLU parent page and about other campus resources.
- Enjoy Alumni & Family Weekend activities and events with your student including the announcement of our first "Family Of The Year" during half time of the home football game.
Visit the Alumni & Family Weekend page for information on registration, check-in, and a schedule of events.