Student Activities & Organizations
Guidelines and recommendations for student activities, organizations, and Residence Life programming
All Student Events Must Adhere to TLU COVID-19 Policies and Guidelines:
Face Coverings Must Be Worn At All Times
Maintain Social Distancing Of At Least 6 Feet
Daily Self-Screening Using #CampusClear App
Failure of students or student organizations to comply may result in being referred to the Dean of Students Office for possible code of conduct actions.
General Guidelines & Recommendations for Student Activities & Organizations
Equipment Used at Events
- All equipment used at an event must be sanitized prior to distribution, and individuals must sanitize equipment before returning or leaving the rented space.
- Hand sanitizer is located at building entrances, exits, and outside restrooms.
Event Scheduling & Submissions
- No further outside events may be scheduled that are not already on the calendar for the fall semester. For each event currently scheduled, TLU will work one-on-one with the organizers to make sure all guidelines are followed.
- When possible, students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to hold meetings and interactions online and over the phone versus in person.
Event Submissions for all Student Organizations, Campus Activity Board, and Resident Assistant Programming:
- An event submission will be completed through Connect@TLU a minimum of two weeks before the event, but preference is four weeks before the date of the event.
- Once a student event request form has been submitted, the student organization will need to schedule a virtual meeting with the Director of Student Activities. For Resident Assistants, a meeting will be set up with the Area Coordinator (AC) or Director of Residence Life (DRL). The purpose of this meeting is to go over the event and make sure all guidelines will be followed. This virtual meeting will be scheduled for no later than 10 days prior to the event start date, and once the virtual meeting has been scheduled, held, and any issues resolved, the event will be approved. The student organization advisor must also be present for this meeting.
- A detailed layout of the room requested must be submitted at the time of the virtual meeting with the Director of Student Activities, Area Coordinator or Director of Residence Life. This layout must include social distance measures, how the group will follow the guidelines set forth by TLU, discuss how the student organization will adhere to the six-foot social distancing policy and how the organization will educate the participants. This will be a part of the Connect@TLU event form.
- All student organizations/Resident Assistants will submit their specific organization plan for adherence to protocols outlined for their event. This will be a part of the Connect@TLU event form.
- If the event organizer fails to attend the scheduled virtual meeting, the event will be cancelled.
- Indoor attendance restrictions are limited to how many people can be in the room while maintaining the required six feet of social distancing. See Student Activities or Residence Life for individual numbers for eligible space.
- Outdoor attendance restrictions are limited to the number of people socially distanced at six feet in the space occupied. See Student Activities or Residence Life for individual numbers for eligible space.
Food and Drinks at Student Events
- There is no self-serving of food allowed (no buffets or food set out on tables for people to help themselves).
- Participants should be encouraged to bring their own food or drink when possible.
- If serving food or drink, have at least one designated person to serve all food and drinks.
- Server(s) must wear gloves and face coverings while serving food or drinks.
- Provide only single-use packets of condiments and plastic silverware.
Jackson Auditorium & Jackson Park Student Activity Center
- If an event is in Jackson Auditorium, Jackson Park Student Activity Center (SAC) or other large venues on campus, further restrictions and protocols may be in place. Please contact Jonathan Zitelman, Director of University Events, for questions about Jackson Park SAC.
- Outdoor bathrooms at Jackson Park SAC are available but the indoor bathrooms are closed.
Resident Assistant Programming
- When students need to be in the Residence Life Office, students will adhere to the social distancing guidelines of six feet set forth by the TLU Social Distancing Policy and the CDC. The maximum number of students in the Residence Life suite work room is two and the main office is one. Other students must wait in the hallway, while social distancing, until they are called into the office.
Student Activity Office & Freshman Center
- When students need to be in the Student Activity Office, students will adhere to the social distancing guidelines of six feet set forth in TLU's Social Distancing Policy and CDC guidelines.
- The maximum number of students in the Student Activities Freshman Center is four, work room is two, SGA room is one, main office is one. Other students must wait in the hallway, also social distancing, until they are called into the office.
Student Organization Advisors
- At least one advisor must be present at the virtual meeting with the student organization and Director of Student Activities to go over the student organization plan for the group's event.
- The advisor must be present during the entire event hosted by the student organization to help ensure all TLU guidelines are followed.
- If at least one advisor cannot be present at the event, the event will be virtual.