New Procedures & Protocols for Hein Dining Hall, Lucky's Snack Bar, and Tschoepe Cafe
What Is New & What Is Changing?
- Eliminated self-serve stations and shared condiments.
- Enhanced Grab & Go options available.
- Salad bar is now “Made to Order.”
- To-go service. Both hot and cold menu items are available for pick up with a staff member at the salad bar.
- New digital services have been added, including contactless payment and mobile app ordering.
- The patio area (entry at the east gate) will be used as the new entrance for Hein Dining Hall to allow students to line up and maintain social distancing of at least six feet.
- Dining tables in Hein will be spaced six feet apart. The Timmerman Room will be used for overflow seating for all meal services.
- All-day dining in Hein continues to be available.
To-Go Options & Online Ordering
PICK 4 TO-GO
With this daily to-go food service, diners can select any four choices plus a beverage. The service is available during all meals periods Monday through Friday and on weekends. To-go food is served in a compostable box with plastic utensils.
Guests can submit their order through Bite+ App and receive a pick-up time. For pick up, guests enter through Hein patio doors and proceed to salad bar. Guests will check in with salad bar attendant, pick up order, and exit through front doors of Hein.
Changes to Hein Dining Hall Serving Stations
Sandwich Station: Two served sandwich options and a vegetarian option will be offered daily. Will remain open between lunch and dinner.
Entrée Station: Served by Sodexo staff.
Innovations Station: Features second entrée option and a served vegetarian meal.
Salad Bar: Two pre-made entrée salads, side salads, fresh fruit, and other options offered daily. Will remain open between lunch and dinner with reduced offers. Queue wait area established in front of salad bar.
Cereal Station: Served by Sodexo staff.
Grill Station: Served by Sodexo staff. Will remain open between lunch and dinner.
Pizza Station: Served by Sodexo staff. Will remain open between lunch and dinner.
Beverages: Sodas, water, non-carbonated beverages, juice, milk, and coffee will be served by Sodexo staff as students exit the serving area into the dining room. Queue wait area established in front of beverage bar.
Ice Cream, Waffles, and Panini Press will no longer be available due to the self-serve nature of these stations.
Other On-Campus Dining Options
Lucky's Snack Bar
- There will be no sit-down dining at Lucky’s and all food options are to go.
- The entrance is through the computer lab area and all guests will enter and leave through specified entrances and exits for each dining option.
- Online guest orders can be picked up at a separate staffed counter adjacent to the main exit. The online pick-up area will also provide a separate queue area for students waiting for grill items.
- The Sub Connection and World of Wings (WOW) menu offerings will be reformatted for more streamline ordering options.
- Simply to Go options, bottled beverages, retail snacks, Starbucks coffees, and freshly-made sandwich and salad items will continue to be served.
Lucky’s Hours of Operation:
- Breakfast begins at 7:30 a.m., Monday through Friday
- Sub Connection and World of Wings (WOW) open at 10:30 a.m., Monday through Friday
- WOW Café offers Sunday service beginning at 5 p.m.
- No seating is available in the Tschoepe Café and all food options are to go.
- The entrance and line-up area will be outlined with floor markers for social distancing of six feet.
- Online guest pick-up orders will be conducted at a designated staffed counter adjacent to the cashier.
- Tschoepe Café opens at 7:30 a.m. Monday through Friday
Catering will be available but with modifications to provide changes to protect customer safety while complying with state and local guidelines.
Contact Kim Smith at Sodexo for more information.