Social Distancing Policy
How We Can Help Each Other
- A physical distance of at least six feet must be maintained (labs are an exception) when there is no physical barrier between individuals.
- Desks, chairs, and tables in classrooms and conference rooms are marked unavailable or removed to allow for six feet of separation between individuals. Auditorium spaces will have every other row empty as well as two empty seats (or six feet) between individuals in any row.
- Close quarter spaces such as elevators and offices must be limited to a maximum of two people, wearing masks, and distancing six feet apart.
- Open, common, and gathering spaces such as building entrances and hallways will be marked with unidirectional flow for entering and exiting where possible. Dedicated separate entries and exists for each facility will be marked where possible.
- Student support services and high-traffic, walk-up or walk-in services will move to online options for assistance where feasible.
- Administration offices (Registrar, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Business Office, Admissions, and Human Resources) that provide walk-up or walk-in services to students and visitors will use plexiglass shields, signage, and floor markers to ensure distancing of six feet.
- Group gatherings must maintain six-foot physical distancing at all times.
COVID-19 protocols carry the weight of Texas Lutheran University policy. Failure to adhere to these protocols potentially puts our campus community at risk and will be considered a breach of conduct resulting in possible referral for disciplinary action.