Sign the Pledge
Show you care about yourself and others around you by signing the TLU Health & Safety Community Pledge.
Take Care of Yourself. Take Care of TLU
As members of a diverse, residential campus community, we all have an important role to play in ensuring the health and safety of everyone in our community.
We are asking all TLU faculty, staff, and students to sign the TLU Health & Safety Community Pledge as a condition of their return to campus in the fall.
By signing this pledge, we are all agreeing to behave in a way that promotes our own health and wellness while also protecting and supporting others. We also pledge to treat each other with respect, patience, and understanding.
The Community Pledge Means You Agree To:
Monitor & Care
- Daily Health Screening, Testing, and Contact Tracing Protocols – I will monitor my temperature and participate in TLU’s daily health screening measures to determine whether it is appropriate for me to move about campus, attend classes, or come to work. If I have a change in my health status, I will follow the reporting protocol requirements and provide accurate and complete information.
- Training – I will complete and comply with all required COVID-19 related online training modules.
- Stay Home – I will stay home or in my campus residence if I am sick with COVID-19 symptoms or know that I have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. I will follow TLU’s protocols for isolation and quarantine.
- Practicing Daily Self-Care – To the best of my ability, I will support my overall wellness.
- Face Covering – I will adhere to the TLU policy for wearing a face covering (or mask when required).
- Hand Hygiene and Respiratory Etiquette – I will practice proper hand washing and respiratory etiquette (e.g., cover my cough).
- Social Gatherings – Recognizing that some people without symptoms may be able to spread the virus, I will avoid crowded places and avoid mass gatherings on and off campus. I will practice physical distancing when meeting in smaller groups and will wear my face covering.
- Leaving Campus – I will mirror the requirements of on-campus living/working (face coverings, physical distancing, etc.) when going off campus and will observe local city, county and state policies regarding safe physical distancing.
- Travel – I will follow local city, county, and state travel restrictions.
- Guests to Campus – I will follow TLU’s guest/visitor policy. If allowed, I will ensure that any guest I bring will participate in the daily screening protocol for clearance before coming to campus and that they will be aware of and comply with all health and safety measures while at TLU.
- Physical Distancing – Recognizing that strict adherence will not always be possible, practical, or necessary, I will take daily precautions to keep space between myself and others (6 feet of physical distancing, which is about two arm’s length).
- Observing Space Restrictions – TLU has established guidelines for the use of campus buildings. I will adhere to the guidelines for the use of the spaces on campus.
Care For The TLU Community
- Avoid Bias-Based Discrimination – The current COVID-19 outbreak has provoked cognitive bias and discriminatory behaviors against people of certain ethnic backgrounds as well as anyone perceived to have been in contact with the virus. We know that the virus is not a respecter of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or physical ability. During this time of great uncertainty based on the COVID-19 Pandemic, I will treat my peers, faculty, and staff with the respect every human being deserves and will not promote, participate in, or allow my own bias to impede the access and opportunity of others in the community.
- Provide Support – Recognizing that this is a stressful and overwhelming time, I will also do what I can to support others in the TLU community by listening and assisting when I can. I will employ patience and understanding, knowing that this is a dynamic situation. I will make efforts to be part of the solution.
You must login to MyTLU to sign the pledge. All faculty, staff, and students must sign it by Friday, August 21.
COVID-19 protocols carry the weight of Texas Lutheran University policy. Failure to adhere to these protocols potentially puts our campus community at risk and will be considered a breach of conduct resulting in possible referral for disciplinary action.