#CampusClear Daily Screening
Faculty, staff, students, and visitors will be required to complete daily self-screening and temperature attestations through the #CampusClear App before entering classrooms, buildings, or offices.
What is #CampusClear?
Recent health sciences research has shown that daily self-screening, combined with a “FastPass” or “Passport” (allowing/disallowing access to buildings) have dramatically reduced the spread of COVID-19 in a hospital environment setting.
#CampusClear is a partnership initiative between Ivy.ai, Creighton University, and Stony Brook University that formed to provide a technological solution to the challenge of self-screening (or self-surveying) as a foundational strategy of return-to-campus initiatives.
How Does It Work?
#CampusClear prompts users to answer a
Users select from configurable responses to reveal a one-day pass for visiting campus or instructions to self-quarantine.
#CampusClear also provides real-time analytics to help guide campus officials as they make decisions regarding on-campus operations.
The App Also Supports Contact Tracing
Schools can connect data from their student information system to identify hot spots, track diagnoses, monitor potential outbreaks, and alert students and faculty who may have been exposed to symptomatic individuals.
Through #CampusClear, all faculty, staff, students and visits will follow basic campus COVID-19 protocols, including self-certification that the person:
- Has not been determined to be actively infected with COVID-19
- Does not have a fever, cough, or other symptoms of COVID-19 (per CDC guidelines)
- Has not been in close contact with anyone known or suspected to have tested positive for COVID-19 in the previous 14 days
- Has not traveled through an area in the previous 14 days with state or local travel restrictions that mandate quarantine upon arrival home.
Please remember that all self-screening applications are educational, not diagnostic.
All data is transmitted encrypted and only certain individuals appointed by TLU will have the ability to unencrypt the data so they can make contact with sick individuals, for example. The app does not conduct surveillance or tracking other than the utilization of the app. No third parties will get access to the app’s data. There also is a feature within the app that allows all end users (faculty/staff/students/visitors) to download all of the data they have entered or delete all historical information they have entered into the app.
#CampusClear for iPhone & Android
If you do not have a smart phone, you may access #CampusClear on the web and print out your "Fast Pass" here.
How to Download & Use #CampusClear
Download and Account Setup
- Search “Campus Clear” within the Apple App Store (or eventually Google Play).
- Select #CampusClear app, indicated by the green hashtag logo.
- Click install app.
- Read agreement and click “I understand”.
- Read agreement and click “I understand”.
- Read user consent and click “I consent”.
- Choose “student”, “employee”, or “visitor” based on your appropriate role.
- If “student” or “employee”, enter your @tlu.edu email.
- Check for confirmation email to complete account setup. Email will come from “Ivy Team” at the email address email@example.com.
- Click “confirm email”.
- You are now set up to use the app and can do so by going back to the app.
Using the #CampusClear App
- Click “Start”.
- You will be presented with the question of “How are you feeling?”
- Click all of the appropriate buttons.
- Click “See Result” at bottom of app.
- Display results to enter campus/class.
- You will never have to select or remember a password to use the app.
- You will remain logged in to the app until you logout, even after closing the app.
- Your results for the day will display every time you open the app, until the next day when you are prompted to complete the “How are you feeling?” question again. So it is okay if you close the app between completing your attestation and needing to present your results on campus.
- If you make a mistake and need to re-enter your results for the day, you must log out of the app and back in.
- Every time you log out of the app and attempt to log back in, you will be asked to verify yourself through the email confirmation, to protect identity.