TLU Staff Return-to-Work Plan
Starting June 1, TLU will begin a phased approach to safely returning the campus from remote work operations to pre-pandemic work schedules.
Starting June 1, 2021, we will begin a phased approach to safely returning the campus from remote work operations to pre-pandemic work schedules. Based on current and projected health trends, complete in-person university operations will be achieved by August 2, however, TLU will be responsive to changing health trends that could impact this plan, and as a result, will be prepared to modify our work plan as necessary.
The university will follow the directives below to ensure a safe return-to-work plan:
- Starting this summer, a return-to-work plan for staff will begin with a minimum of 50% return in June, 75% minimum return in July, and 100% return by August 2.
- The Vice President for Academic Affairs, in collaboration with the faculty executive committee, will establish a minimum expectation of office hours and committee meetings for faculty. These expectations will be assessed throughout the academic year and adjusted as needed.
- Exceptions to a full return-to-work plan will be considered under the following remote work and work-from-home descriptions:
- A position may be classified as partially or fully remote if the position has been structured to have less than 100% campus presence. For more details, see directive No. 4 below.
- Supervisors can authorize work-from-home for work-related purposes on a limited basis.
- Remote work considerations will be based on the scope of work related to the position and not an individual preference to work from home as described in 3a. For example, requests should not consider an employee’s commute time to work. The process to designate a position as remote will begin with a position review and recommendation by the immediate supervisor, approval by the appropriate vice president, and final review by Human Resources.
- During the summer, vice presidents will assess if any position(s) warrant a continuation of remote work plans as described in 3a. A formal request may be submitted during the fall semester for positions that would seek to be reclassified as remote work.