Building/Space Rentals for Meetings & Events
Submitting a Rental Request
Must be Made at Least 2 Weeks Before the Event, Preference is 4 Weeks
Submit rental requests to the Director of University Events through MyTLu. The request must be submitted a minimum of two weeks before the event but the preference is four weeks before the date of event.
Schedule a Meeting with the Director of Events
Once an event request form has been submitted, the organization will need to schedule a meeting with the Director of University Events to go over the event and make sure all guidelines will be followed. This meeting will be scheduled for no later than 10 days prior to the event start date, and once the meeting has been scheduled, held, and any issues resolved, the event will be approved.
Submit a Detailed Room Layout
A detailed layout of the requested room/space must be submitted at the time of the meeting with the Director of University Events. This layout must include social distancing measures, how the group will follow the guidelines set by TLU, discuss how the organization will adhere to TLU's social distancing policy, and how the organization will educate their participants.
Submit Your Event Plan
All organizations must submit (via email) their specific organization plan for adherence to protocols outlined for their event to the Director of University Events prior to the meeting with the director.
Important to note: If the event organizer fails to attend the meeting with the Director of University Events, the event will be cancelled.
Rental Event Guidelines and Protocols
- Indoor and outdoor attendance restrictions are limited to the number of people who are able to maintain six feet of social distance in the space up to a maximum of 50 people. See Director of University Events for individual numbers for eligible spaces.
- Spacing is limited by audience spacing, alternating rows, and two seats between parties.
- No outside food or drink is allowed.
- No larges purses, backpacks or bags (exceptions are made for TLU students when attending an event due to laptops and notepads being in backpacks).
- All event staff and volunteers will be temperature screened before entering the venue and will not be allowed to enter if elevated (100.4◦F).
- Event staff and volunteers will always wear face masks (except in situations when it impairs safety or job duty AND social distance can be maintained).
- Paper ticket and programming should be minimized; gloves will be worn by staff when transferable materials are in use.
- Staff should be designated to ensure patrons always maintain six feet of social distance.
- Dismiss audience in sections starting closest to exits.
- Gathering limits set by state and local jurisdictions must be kept in mind prior to event and if necessary, approval from local officials.
- All equipment to be used at an event must be sanitized prior to distribution, and individuals must sanitize equipment before returning or leaving the rented space.