Skip to Content
Fitness Center & Mabee Pool
Fitness Center Protocols for Fall
- Fitness Center to operate up to 50 percent capacity.
- No alumni, visitors, or anyone with passes be allowed to use the Fitness Center.
- Showers and lockers are closed for use.
- No towels will be available from the front desk.
- Users will wipe down their equipment when finished.
- Begin the semester by having no cardio machines available for use. Encourage those wanting cardio to run the Krost Fitness Trail around Bulldog Stadium.
- Resistance training machines will be spaced in accordance with social distancing practices with the removal of some machines.
- Design signage to designate areas as “1 participant at a time” for certain clusters of benches and machines in the free weight area.
- Require all participants to use wipes to clean bars, dumbbells, machines, and benches and encourage the use of hand sanitizer often.
- All stability balls, medicine balls, kettlebells, foam rollers, jump ropes and resistance bands should be checked out and/or returned to the front desk after use for cleaning.
- Workers will be required to clean the computer keyboard and mouse at the start of their work shift.
- Close the drinking fountains to allow for only the use of the water refilling station.
- Taped spaces on the floor will serve to mark spots for equipment.
Mabee Pool Protocols for Fall
- Pool capacity will be 30 people.
- Pool opens no sooner than August 29.
- No guest passes for the fall semester.
- Pool staff will determine the number of lifeguards that needs to be on site.
- Lifeguards will wear masks except when they are on the lifeguard stand.
- Pool staff will set up times/days for lap swim with 1 per lane for a total of 8 swimmers and any given time.
- Pool staff will set up times/days for open swim and communicate to the TLU community.
- Removal of all pool furniture, basketball hoop.
- Masks will be worn at all times except when in the water.
- Physical distancing practiced by all participants.
- Equipment which can be checked out (kickboards) will not need further cleaning due to the chlorine in the water.
- Students, faculty, and staff will need to bring their own towels.
- Red Cross training protocols for lifeguards must be followed. Close contact will be 5 minutes or less if needed for a rescue.