Classroom Health & Safety
Expectations & Protocol
All classes, except for asynchronous online courses, will follow the TLU Fall 2020 course schedule.
Classroom Management Protocols:
- Faculty and students must always wear a face-covering. (Music classes and lessons that do not allow for face coverings will have adjusted precautions).
- TLU has identified the student occupancy capacity to meet social distancing requirements of at least six feet between desks for every classroom on campus. Classes have been assigned to specific classrooms to adhere to TLU's social distancing policy.
- Instructors should have assigned seats for students and take attendance. If there is a student who contracts COVID-19, this will allow Facilities to focus on specific areas for fogging and disinfecting.
- Students and instructors may not bring in food/drink to class.
- Faculty will excuse classes one row at a time. Students and faculty should exit buildings and not congregate in the hallways.
- Classes should not run late.
- Face-to-face classes will provide accommodations for students to participate remotely if they become ill or need to quarantine.
- Faculty will be conscious of social distancing in creating and assigning group projects. Projects should be able to be completed online.
Classroom Cleaning Protocols:
- Classrooms will be cleaned every morning by TLU's custodial staff and disinfectant wipe dispensers will be available in every classroom for students and faculty to wipe down their desk or work surface.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are available throughout the entrances and exits of buildings and outside of all restrooms.
|How to Use #CampusClear App in the Classroom|