Weekly COVID-19 Report
The numbers provided here reflect data for faculty, staff, and students (living on campus and off).
TLU Numbers as of September 23
Questions related to COVID-19 testing, exposure, and contact tracing should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What The Numbers Mean
New Cases: This is the number of faculty, staff, and students who have been tested and have reported to TLU Health Services that they are COVID-19 positive.
Active Cases: This is the number of faculty, staff, and students who are currently COVID-19 positive and are in a 10-day isolation period. They are being monitored and supported by TLU Health Services.
Cumulative Cases: This is the historical number of faculty, staff, and students who have reported to be COVID-19 positive since August 24, 2021, including those who are no longer in the 10-day isolation period.
Quarantining: This is the number of faculty, staff, and students who have been exposed to a COVID-19 positive person and are quarantining. They are being monitored and supported by TLU Health Services.
Isolation is for those who have tested positive. Quarantine is for those who have been exposed to a positive person. TLU is following CDC guidance regarding isolation and quarantining:
- If you are vaccinated and have symptoms or test positive, you must isolate for 10 days.
- If you are unvaccinated and have symptoms or test positive, you must isolate for 10 days.
- If you are vaccinated and are in close contact with a COVID-positive person, but you have no symptoms, you should continue to wear a mask and test within 3-5 days.
What We're Tracking
The COVID-19 Leadership Team has identified key indicators that it is monitoring to assess the safety of our campus this fall. The markers listed below are reviewed regularly, with particular attention to any trends that suggest an unmanageable situation requiring a change in our operational plans. The Leadership Team will make recommendations for necessary changes to the President’s Cabinet for immediate action. The key indicators being monitored are:
- Percentage of students vaccinated
- Percentage of faculty and staff vaccinated
- Positivity rate on campus for students
- Positivity rate on campus for faculty and staff
- Number of student cases on campus
- Number of employee cases on campus
- Quarantine beds in use
- Local hospital case numbers/capacity
- Clustering indicators
- Positivity rates beyond campus, including statewide and counties nearest TLU
- Significant actions by local or state officials.